• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Spontaneous reboots

galapogos

Feb 2, 2010
I've been having spontaneous reboots on my CLIQ, usually while on 3G. Was on wifi for about 1-2 weeks before I got my data plan and never had the reboots(but then again didn't have wifi 24/7), then I got my data plan and was just using the web (motoblur, news, websites) and the CLIQ would just spontaneously reboot once in a while, and the underside of the phone near the sdcard/SIM card area would get rather warm. Seems like it happens after some time of usage. If I ration the usage I don't see it happening as much.

When it reboots I see the screen fade out with horizontal lines that kinda look like patterns on old interlaced TVs. Then after that I get the motorola black/white logo after it reboots.

Does anyone else experience this?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones