• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint] Rooting, what do you lose?

JAJameson2010

Android Enthusiast
I usually have my phone rooted and I'm ready to root this one! I'm still playing around learning things though... So not sure which features I really want.

What functionality will I lose? I read somewhere about touchwhiz not being available. What exactly is touch whiz? The SPen stuff?

Basically, i know there is a ROM out there based on Touchwiz, you might just have to do some searching. Sorry i couldn't be of any more help :(

Look over at xda-developers.com for a ROM called JellyBomb. It is the best ROM at the moment and IMHO that's available for the note II. I'm running JellyBomb on my note II at the moment. I can't find any issues or reason to switch.

Yep, agreed, Jellybomb is the SHIIT!
Seriously killer ROM. My only real remaining issue with v11 out now (assuming it's not an unlisted fix, as haven't installed v11 just yet) is not being able to access the lock screen weather settings. Crashes the settings app.
Other than that I have no complaints.

And as for what you lose when rooting, other than your warranty, not much. Just silly things like being able to use the CinemaNow app and any others that might look for root access when they start.
And yes, certain ROMs may block certain functions, such as touchwiz.
Just depends on the ROM. That's why you need to do your research and make sure the ROM you're getting is really what you want. Although personally I wouldn't be too worried about touchwiz. It's really not the greatest interface out there.
If you don't mind the EXTREME blue theme, I would highly recommend Jellybomb.

I'm rooted! I'm slowly setting everything back up with the jellybomb rom. The blue is really hard on the eyes... not sure if I can adjust, but I'm giving it a try!
Any other Rom suggestions if I can't deal with the blue?

Thanks for the link to the other ROMs! I hate the blue less than I did this morning. It's making me crazy how I can't clear the notifications up top. I can't find a clear option to get rid of them all at once.

I found out how to dismiss those notifications. You just swipe each one individually. Kind of like that. This blue thing is growing on me

Back
Top Bottom