• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Still didn't get gingerbread update!!

Texter

So of the three MyTouch 4g phones in our house, mine didn't get the update. Now what do I do to get it?

We're in the same boat - one of three has never received the update. The word is that the rollout will be resumed when the bug has been fixed. However, with the new version already out on some phones, I wonder why there would be any work on a now older version.

Beginning March 15, the myTouch 4G software update will resume for devices on software 1.14.531.1 and 1.17.531.2. This is a two-part update. After both parts of the update, the devices will be updated to Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) / Software 2.32.531.1. This update will continue until April 15.
You cannot manually download the first part part of the update, and T-Mobile cannot push it to you. Please wait for the update.
Current Software Version Update Status
Software version 2.32.531.1
Your device software is up to date.
Software version 2.19.531.1
Update to version 2.32.531.1 is complete. If you did not receive it, you can perform a manual update (steps below).
Software versions 1.17.531.2 / 1.14.531.1
This update will come as a two-step process:
First update: Over the Air (OTA) update to software version 2.19.531.1.

Please wait for this update. This update is sent on a rolling basis until all customers have it. T-Mobile cannot send it to individuals.

Second update: After you receive the first update, you can update in two ways:

Over the air (OTA) update: T-Mobile will push the update to your device sometime between 3/15 and 4/15. We cannot expedite how soon we send the OTA to individuals.
Manual download: If you do not want to wait for the OTA, you can update immediately through the settings menu. See the steps for Download update from HTC below.
Software versions
See also: Check you software version.
Android version 2.3.4 / Software version 2.32.531.1
Version

Android version 2.3.4 / Software version 2.32.531.1
Approved 12/17/10
Improvements

Google security update
New version of Swype
Software improvements
Prerequisites

OTA update
Device is running Android version 2.3.4 / Software version 2.19.531.1
Device software is not rooted
More than 50% battery life
Data connection
350 MB available memory (File size of update is 24.2 MB)
Android version 2.3.4 / Software version 2.19.531.1*
Version

Android version 2.3.4 / Software version 2.19.531.1*
Updated 7/26/2011
New Features

Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
Prerequisites
OTA update
Device is running Android version 2.2.1 / Software version 1.14.531.1 or 1.17.531.2*
Device software is not rooted
More than 50% battery life
Data connection
Android version 2.2.1 / Software version 1.17.531.2
Android version 2.2.1 / Software version 1.14.531.1

Help & How to
Download update from HTC
You may request the update from the update servers, even if you have not received the Over the Air (OTA) update. To download or check for updates, follow these steps:
For phones currently on software 1.17.531.2 / 1.14.531.1
First update: No manual download option available. Wait for the OTA to arrive. See Download Over the Air (OTA) software update (below).
Second update:
Verify that the first update is complete. To do this, check the device software version is 2.19531.1 If it is lower, then you must wait for the first update.
Follow the steps below for phones on software 2.19.531.1.
For phones currently on software 2.19.531.1
From the Home screen, press the Menu key.
Touch Settings.
Touch About phone.
Touch HTC software updates.
Touch Check now.
Follow the on-screen prompts.
Wait as your phone restarts and updates to Android 2.3.4 / Software version 2.32.531.12.3.4.
Important: Do not under any circumstances remove the battery during the entire update process. Leave the phone alone until you see the Home screen again.
Download Over the Air (OTA) software update
After receiving a notification that you received the OTA update, you may download it. To download, follow these steps:
You will receive this notification message when the update is available for you:

"This software update includes new enhancements and an important security update for your HTC myTouch 4G. It won’t delete any of your content, but you will be unable to use your device or make emergency calls for the duration of the install. The update is expected to take 10 to 15 minutes, but could take longer."

From the message Notification Screen, touch Download.
Touch Install Now.
Wait as your phone restarts and updates to Android 2.3.4 / Software version 2.32.531.1.
DOC-7836

Is there any way to get my hands on the last update, not the most recent?
I did the ota about two days ago, and since then I've experienced issues with my google widget, my browser, and swype. One of my biggest complaints is the way that swype operates now. It seems slower, more likely to pick the wrong words, and the new layout for special characters looks almost exactly like an iPhone. I don't know about anyone else, but I can't stand the iPhone keyboard. Please, somebody help! TMobile and LG have both told me they either can't or won't help me.

Back
Top Bottom