• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Still didn't receive lollipop update for galaxy s5

So it's an Asian version, I presume you're not in an Asian country now. I know Samsung can be very restrictive about where you buy and use their devices. They done it to try and stop the international gray market for Samsung phones. It means if you have problem that needs warranty service, it's likely you'll have to be getting it back to Sri Lanka, or somewhere else in Asia.

This is for an American Samsung phone, and Samsung won't support it or provide service for it outside of the Americas AFAIK
samsung_region_lock_sticker_americas.jpg

Probably your S5 had a sticker on the box or phone stating "Asian Model" or similar. I know there's "EU Model" as well, which is unsupported outside of the European Union. I've known Samsungs bought from EU countries as well as Hong Kong, and they don't receive updates if used in mainland PRC, where I am. There's a "China Model" of the S5, S6, etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So it's an Asian version, I presume you're not in an Asian country now. I know Samsung can be very restrictive about where you buy and use their devices. They done it to try and stop the international gray market for Samsung phones. It means if you have problem that needs warranty service, it's likely you'll have to be getting it back to Sri Lanka, or somewhere else in Asia.

This is for an American Samsung phone, and Samsung won't support it or provide service for it outside of the Americas AFAIK
View attachment 87175
Probably your S5 had a sticker on the box or phone stating "Asian Model" or similar. I know there's "EU Model" as well, which is unsupported outside of the European Union. I've known Samsungs bought from EU countries as well as Hong Kong, and they don't receive updates if used in mainland PRC, where I am. There's a "China Model" of the S5, S6, etc.
Hi Friend,

I lived in Sri Lanka and based on the details I have the international model, G900F, with a Middle East CSC code, OJV, and is for Product CodeXSG which is the UAE. Based on the CSC: G900FOJV1ANL1 I should have the update. But still Im not getting it.. :(

Upvote 0
I lived in Sri Lanka and based on the details I have the international model, G900F, with a Middle East CSC code, OJV, and is for Product CodeXSG which is the UAE.

As you're in Asia, and the handset is from UAE, you won't receive OTA updates. Have you installed Samsung's Kies software on a PC and attempted to update via that?

Upvote 0
Your only option then is to download a firmware .tar package and flash it to the device using Odin. See S5 Lollipop Update Problems.
What is the firmware update that I need to use?? There are different versions available for different CSC versions. Son can you please help me on that. And I never did the manula update before. So can you give me the exact steps to how todo that?
Thank you

Upvote 0
What is the firmware update that I need to use??

Here's a list of the available firmwares which can be filtered by country.

Firmware for Samsung SM-G900F

There are different versions available for different CSC versions. Son can you please help me on that.

If you want an updated firmware you'll have to use one with a different CSC anyway, as XSG appears stuck on Android 4.4.2. I'd suggest using the local (Sri Lanka - SLK) one.

I never did the manula update before. So can you give me the exact steps to how todo that?

The Samsung ROM Flashing Tools thread on XDA contains download links and information on how to use the software. Any questions specific to updating the S5 are best asked in our Samsung Galaxy S5 sub-forum, where you'll find other users of the device.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones