• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Stock Recovery

I don't have the stock recovery, but someone else might and you could flash that.

You could also run th RUU which will put everything back to stock. You just have to relock the bootloader first. That will take care of the recovery as well.

I don't have the stock recovery, but someone else might and you could flash that.

You could also run th RUU which will put everything back to stock. You just have to relock the bootloader first. That will take care of the recovery as well.

thanks will do this tonight

I did the RUU on mine before I returned it for a new one... Even after relocking and running the RUU it will still say " Security Warning Phone Relocked" showing that your warranty was voided by Unlocking in the first place... Not sure if anyone cares tho (retailer-wise). I just took the box back to Radio Shack with the battery out of the phone and said VM tech had me factory reset... Yada Yada Yada... And VM said to exchange due to hardware issues. The Shack guy WANTED to "fix" it... I just insisted on a brand new phone... Mine was rebooting like mad... New one has not rebooted at all in my 48hrs of using it.

Not sure if any retailer would power/vol- to see if it was unlocked or not, and maybe deny a return or exchange.

Needless to say, I'm not gonna jump on rooting this one until I know it has no issues.

Also it took me a couple of tries to get the RUU program to flash my phone... Ended up doing it while phone was on the Fastboot screen.

There is one thing that i need. I need to activate the device because i forgot to do it. and it wont let me activate on the CM10.1 Would running thr RUU allow me to activate device?

There is one thing that i need. I need to activate the device because i forgot to do it. and it wont let me activate on the CM10.1 Would running thr RUU allow me to activate device?

Yes, I would think so. It puts you back in factory stock condition running the factory VM rom. I see no reason why you wouldn't be able to activate it after running the RUU.

Okay now for my second question.. Would i need to relock the bootloader??
You don't need to relock the bootloader to run the RUU if you are S-OFF but if you are only trying to activate the phone it would be easier to do a nandroid backup and flash one of jmz's stock ROM's then you can just restore your nandroid afterwards.

ramjet73

Just make a backup in recovery, flash harmonia and activate, then you can restore your cm rom

Does the stock recovery allow you to make NANDs?

I ask because in the early days of owning this phone, I tried to get into the stock recovery, but I couldn't. It didn't actually take me anywhere.

Does the stock recovery allow you to make NANDs?

I ask because in the early days of owning this phone, I tried to get into the stock recovery, but I couldn't. It didn't actually take me anywhere.
No. The stock recovery is very limited. It's mainly used for flashing RUU's and OTA updates.

ramjet73

Just make a backup in recovery, flash harmonia and activate, then you can restore your cm rom

Flashed Harmonia and tried to activate.. There was no such app, and i even tried ##846446# and nothing.. I haven't tried to activate on the website or tried a swap yet only because my service is not current.

Flashed Harmonia and tried to activate.. There was no such app, and i even tried ##846446# and nothing.. I haven't tried to activate on the website or tried a swap yet only because my service is not current.

There is no app, go into settings. Down by about phone there is a tab that says "activate this device"

Swapping phones, I believe there are only 3 choices:
- call vm cs and use their automatic system
- call vm cs and talk to live advisor

I can't seem to get the RUU. Everywhere I go seems like the download is gone. Can anyone point me in the current right direction here? Thanks in advance.

I can't seem to get the RUU. Everywhere I go seems like the download is gone. Can anyone point me in the current right direction here? Thanks in advance.
1) Make sure you SetMainVerLow through recovery if you've taken any OTAs.

2) If you don't have S-OFF, you need to relock your bootloader (from the bootloader) by executing the following command: [HIGH]fastboot oem lock[/HIGH]

3) Run this RUU.

Back
Top Bottom