• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Stock Rom ZV5 Rooted

I'm reuploading a new file on the same thread. It's at 90% now. Keep an eye out for it within the next hour. Just follow the thread and I'm not a developer and this ROM is basically stock but it's going to be a base for a new one I'm working on. I need this one to boot so I need testers. Its rooted as well.

Thats cool. Looking forward to it! I tried to make one myself, but kept running into, "update binary error". (I am not good at update scripts, thats why). Anyways, i appreciate the effort made. Thanks again!

I'm learning to make roms from my android. If this flashes and boots then that's a milestone for me since I'm such and amature. Lol

I'm learning to make roms from my android. If this flashes and boots then that's a milestone for me since I'm such and amature. Lol
Maybe you might be able to tell me how you got around the update binary error If you could. (The reason i am asking is because i am making a ZV5 deodexed rom, but that error is persistant.)

The app I used made an update binary based on my system I zipped. I didn't have to make the binary but I also haven't flashed it so it might not flash. All the files are there though.

Here it is

Attachments

• 1434244326808.jpg
    1434244326808.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 116
The app I used made an update binary based on my system I zipped. I didn't have to make the binary but I also haven't flashed it so it might not flash. All the files are there though.
When it gets uploaded, i will test it for you. (what was the app? Just curious.)

ZipMe. Lol. It made the update binary for me and I just transfered it to the ROM I'm using. I transfered the whole META-INF folder (its the correct one btw) so I believe all the parts are there. Just needs to be uploaded and flashed.

New ROM is up. Check post #2 in my original thread for the download. Good luck and PLEASE PLEASE WORK

Also uploading a ESSENTIAL APPS package full of useful apps. Just flash it in recovery after the ROM.

Awesome. Back up first and if it doesn't flash let me know and I'll pinpoint more issues if they're there.
I flashed the zip, after doing a factory reset via twrp, and all that happened was i got a black screen after intial setup. I think i know why though. I looked at the update script under meta inf and it didn't have any commands to extract the system. Not trying to say anything negative, just pointing out what i observed.

And the META-INF folder is still not doing its job. Going to extract one from CM12 and modify it and see if my ROM will install then. Wish me luck. Sorry for the issues guys. Thanks for not being hard on me

If this one fails too, then I have one more fix that is almost guaranteed to work. So just please bear with me.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but i tried to flash it, and it gave me an error. (I have an idea that might be able to help, i am going to see if it solves the error.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom