• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Stuck on boost logo

You'll need the LG Flash tool, LG drivers and the proper kdz file (Google). Install tool and drivers to a Windows PC then follow directions on LG website to boot into download mode. Proper use of the tool will put you back at square one with a fully functional phone

Yea, but there isn't a KDZ for this phone yet
Ok: I messed up. I read ur post but not thread location and misunderstood. There aren't any kdz for the Sync cuz the Sync is a ZTE device. Kdz is for LG devices only. If you let that phone do a firmware update when first activated, then there's NO ROOT for that any longer. They closed the KingRoot exploits with the stagefright fixes. If anyone gets a new sync device then repeatedly cancel any firmware updates (all others are fine) and go ahead and Root with KR and install TWRP. Download the update.zip and upload the file so it can be made into a Rooted ROM with all stagefright fixes and flashed in TWRP

Ok: I messed up. I read ur post but not thread location and misunderstood. There aren't any kdz for the Sync cuz the Sync is a ZTE device. Kdz is for LG devices only. If you let that phone do a firmware update when first activated, then there's NO ROOT for that any longer. They closed the KingRoot exploits with the stagefright fixes. If anyone gets a new sync device then repeatedly cancel any firmware updates (all others are fine) and go ahead and Root with KR and install TWRP. Download the update.zip and upload the file so it can be made into a Rooted ROM with all stagefright fixes and flashed in TWRP
I ordered a used sync today hope stagefright stuff not there

Agreed. Cancel any firmware updates soon as it pops up on screen.. That's also why I'm gonna wait till I get new one so I don't risk wasting the $$

Agreed. Cancel any firmware updates soon as it pops up on screen.. That's also why I'm gonna wait till I get new one so I don't risk wasting the $$
Then I have to see if phen gets a non stagefright device since u can't fastboot on the device with out root this will suck lol can a used device be activated from home or do I need to go to boost and get charged at boost the sync is 101 out the door activated and all

Wish somebody would let us know if any stagefright updates been applied this place is so dead hope I made a good decision

Then I have to see if phen gets a non stagefright device since u can't fastboot on the device with out root this will suck lol can a used device be activated from home or do I need to go to boost and get charged at boost the sync is 101 out the door activated and all
As long as you have enough $$ on ur account, you can activate it from home. Previously activated (used) devices cost an extra $10 - $15 to reactivate. Doesn't apply to new devices

I liked it more cuz it had better HD capability, more sensors (like gyro for photosphere), but the software definitely needs improved. That's where phen comes in, Lol. I'd still Rock it over my Warp4G. Only went back to the Warp4G cuz I bricked my Sync. Speed is better too, so an OC kernel might be nutz fast

Back
Top Bottom