• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Stuck on white htc screen... HELP!

Mr Derp

Mar 6, 2012
Hey, guys! Well, I would like to say thank you guys for all of the help you have given me, and I am highly pleased with my phone now that I am able to flash custom roms! Let me cut to the chase. :)

I am currently using BCM ICS 4.0.4 CM9 and I am trying to flash Cool3d Runnymede v7. But every-time after I flash it, and try to reboot, I get stuck on a white screen with a green "htc" logo on it. I let it set for like 20 minutes before I decided to pull the battery.

I am using the latest 4ext recovery, I am stock hboot, my phone is CDMA, my network provider is Us Cellular. I have a partitioned SD card with fat32 and 4ext 1024mb partition. I wiped cache, dalvik cache, wiped data/factory reset, before I flashed the rom.

When it prompted me of which HBOOT I had, I chose stock, when it prompted me where I wanted to install dalvik cache, I chose sd ext, when it prompted me if my phone was GSM or CDMA, I chose CDMA. After all was said and done, it said install complete reboot, enjoy. I rebooted, but got stuck on the white screen with "htc" in green.

So I was just wondering, if anybody knows why my phone is getting stuck on this screen, and anyway I can fix the issue. I just restored back to BCM ICS 4.0.4 CM9 rom. But I was really wanting to try a Sense 3.5 rom. :(

Any help is GREATLY appreciated...
Thanks,
Mr Derp

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones