• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [T-Mobile] Problem rooting phone

Hello,

So recently I had read this guide on how to root my S3 (How to Root Any Samsung Galaxy S3! ~ Android Rootz | Source for Android Rooting, ROMS, Tricks and more!), and it had seemed easy enough. Now my phone is from Windmobile, a relatively new Canadian mobile phone company. I had searched for a bit on how to root it, and all the results had said to follow the T-mobile guides, as they're essentially the same phone. My phone is running android 4.3, and in the comment section the guide writer had stated that this should still work for Jellybean and up.

After following all of the steps, I noticed that somethings were a little off;
1. The CWM recovery looked different. Instead of having the robot standing upright with his little flap open (the background image), I had the robot laying on his back, with a red triangle with an exclamation point coming out of his flap.
2. When I attempted to load the superuser.tar file, it said that the signature verification had failed.
3. After opening the Titanium Backup, it had informed me that I had no root access.
4. When I attempted to reflash using a different guide, I never got far into it as I would always get the "fail" message when using odin.

Any help would be really appreciated! I would prefer to have my phone rooted to get 4.4, but if I somehow permanently messed up my phone, reverting it back to it's original state would be just fine.

Thanks in advance!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones