• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Tablet Comparison - Is this an Upgrade?

Kelemvor

Nov 12, 2010
Howdy,

I have an old HP Slate 7 2800. According to this HP site, it has :
1.4GHz Dual-Core ARM Cortex A9 MP Core processor

I was looking to possibly get a new budget tablet from Best Buy since I have a Gift Card but I'm not sure if this tablet would be any better than the one I already have.
Digiland DL701Q
According to Bestbuy.com, it has:
Quad-Core MediaTek MTK8127 Cortex-A7 processor with 1.3GHz processor

I believe the A7 is usually slower, but more efficient, than the A9 but it's also a Quad Core compared to the Dual core A9.

Anyone know if the Digiland tablet would be a better, faster tablet than the Slate 7? I wasn't able to find any direct comparisons since the HP is 2-3 years old already.

Thanks!

A very budget cheapo Chinese device. Two things you might notice with it:
1) a rather crap battery life, maybe an hour, two if you're lucky.
2) poor quality screen, with a rather narrow viewing angle. Go somewhat off angle and it will either be extremely washed out, or will go dark and start to go negative.
Reliability maybe an issue as well, NO updates! software instability and possibly apps crashing, may not last a year, etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones