• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Task Killer

princetonbc

I have a Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant with Bell and it came with a task killer I am not sure if it was a Samsung app or not. I bought my wife a Samsung Galaxy 550 with Virgin (GT-I5500M) I was wondering if there was a way to get the same app or is there a good task killer that will not eat up all the battery life.

The music player that came with the phone will not turn off unless I go into settings -> apps -> running and force kill it.

Thank you in advance.

It is a free app in the market.
I used it on my Samsung Intercept, without it the phone would become slow and useless.
Have the LG Optimus V now and it works great without it.

For android 2.1 and earlier it may be a needed app.
If you don't have access to the market. You need to go to gmail.com and make a email address.
Use that address and password to access the market. Search "Free task killer" download and enjoy.

the best one ive found is literally called taskkiller does everything you'd need, kill apps auto kill all none essential (allowing you to control what you deem essential)

also are you sure the music player is actually still doing anything android doesnt instantly remove inactive tasks from the task list so although its there it may not be doing anything .....task kill will tell you this too just so you know

Back
Top Bottom