• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Team Osiris][ROM][KERNEL]ShenduOS 4.1.2 / Peppermint Fudge Kernel [WIP]

Dm47021

Android Expert
Shendu OS

Features
This is a pretty cool rom, It is themable like MIUI and has a very slick launcher and a very slick feel

Screenshot_2013_05_25_01_22_50_zps400ee8c2.png

Working
Everything except bluetooth and camera right now.
these are comming too

Peppermint Fudge Kernel

Features
Fixed Heat & Random Reboots
1.8GHZ Overclock. no longer 2016
Undervolted
Lowered Wifi Voltage

Compiled with Linaro 4.7.3 O2

Fixed BCMDHD wifi (more roms comming, currently shendu only supported)

CPU GOVONERS: on demand, interactive, performance, smartassV2, badass, conservative, lionhart, userspace, powersave

I/O Schedulers: BFQ, Deadline, NOOP "set as default", Cfq, Row, Sio, VR

SLQB Memeory Allocator "fast"
BRAINF*CK Scheduler v413
CK1 Patchset
SWEEP2WAKE FEATURE "very cool"
UPDATED KGSL FROM ANDROMADUS "fixed alot of graphics glitches"

Autogroup scheduling "patched"
swap support
Zram Support
Fudgeswap
Cleancache
EXT4 Filesystem Patches for better performance
Block code Optimizations
KGSL Writecombined tweak
Readahead tweaked
CPU based alignment handling
Updated LZO compression
Add support for reinserting a dispatched request back to the
scheduler's internal data structures.
Add API for verifying whether the current scheduler
supports reinserting requests mechanism
Add API for urgent request handling
row: Add support for urgent request handling
Proportional Rate Reduction for TCP.
Optimized ARM RWSEM algorithm
lib: memcopy: use glibc version
IPv4 Optimizations
Enabled SFB Net Scheduler
Pre empt Tree RCU With Priority Boosting
Asynchronous I/O latency to a solid-state disk greatly increased
Added support for androids Sync framework
Tweak BFS for better performance
tweak SmartassV2
Backport ZRAM from msm 3.4 kernel
Backport KSM from 3.6.8 Kernel
Backport AIO from 3.6 Kernel

DOWNLOAD
DOWNLOAD HERE

If you enjoy my work, Want to buy me a coffee, beer, or jaegerbomb, or just want to help out, donations are greatly appreciated,

YES!!! just when i was gonna flash a new rom i come to see a great job like always I LOVE YOU (no homo) lmao

flash gapps for 4.1.2 ..

also we are looking into bt, for some reason 4.1 is harder than 4.2.

camera will be soon. we had it working, but not in my build yet.

how is my kernel treating you guys so far?

[Qdon't =gkak;5882822]Great ROM! Which gapps should I flash? Where can I find themes?[/QUOTE]

I dont about the themes feel special. Only about 4 other phones have this right now as they just went open source about 3 weeks ago.

My data not working for some reason and its enabled
Edit:
I played around with the settings got it working

My data not working for some reason and its enabled
Edit:
I played around with the settings got it working

You on Boost? I havent been able to get data working on Boost...

Kernel works great, super smooth

Good job!I hope you can improve the ROM as soon as possible.We really need a stable rom based on 4.1 or 4.2,thank you!
Looking forward to MIUI V5.

Bad translation for Russian )) almost all not translate and stay china ))

yes, right now, it really only has eng and rus localizations. hopefully the developers will address this, when i got it, it was only chinese

your so right. we just need one complete rom hahaha. we have a lot of roms for jelly bean but none stable and finalized. I just wanna taste or stock android. hahaha can you taste bro? it taste just like candy hahaha.

your so right. we just need one complete rom hahaha. we have a lot of roms for jelly bean but none stable and finalized. I just wanna taste or stock android. hahaha can you taste bro? it taste just like candy hahaha.

Well, we now have complete 4.2 jellybean roms.. but... 4.2 is still unstable.

we have gotten camera in 4.1, bluetooth is proving to be slightly tougher.

but it will come

Good job!I hope you can improve the ROM as soon as possible.We really need a stable rom based on 4.1 or 4.2,thank you!
Looking forward to MIUI V5.

we are always working on fixing things and making things more stable. at the same time. we like to let you guys see what we are working on, new roms, new kernels, to keep this phone alive

Noticed two things after loading this rom. First, the icons on the page to the left of the starting screen were still in Chinese. Second, I could not connect my phone to my google account. Any time I went to any screen requiring text input I got a popup box saying android keyboard had stopped, or something to that effect.

Also noticed that this kernel defaults to 1.8 Ghz. Would it be possible to have it default to 1.4 with the ability to raise it if we desire. I have one of those phones that does not do well much above 1.4. I suspect the keyboard failure is related to this. Had to restore my rooted stock backup. Would really like to have something faster and smoother than stock.

Keep up the good work.

This is what work for me to get my boost 3g working :

1. Go into settings

2. Goto Personalized Tab

3. Click Mobile Data

4. Select Access Point Names

5. Select one of the CDMA APN Available

Should see 3G appear

As to Noticed two things after loading this rom. First, the icons on the page to the left of the starting screen were still in Chinese. Second, I could not connect my phone to my google account.

I had issue with Chinese as well went back to recovery and wiped, reinstalled and everything was english don't know why. Have to install g-apps for 4.1.2.

Also noticed that this kernel defaults to 1.8 Ghz. download free app on market romtoolbox lite or the alike and set down. my phone ran fun with higher settings to until this kernel 1.8ghz for days without issue no heat either.

This is what work for me to get my boost 3g working :

1. Go into settings

2. Goto Personalized Tab

3. Click Mobile Data

4. Select Access Point Names

5. Select one of the CDMA APN Available

Should see 3G appear

As to Noticed two things after loading this rom. First, the icons on the page to the left of the starting screen were still in Chinese. Second, I could not connect my phone to my google account.

I had issue with Chinese as well went back to recovery and wiped, reinstalled and everything was english don't know why. Have to install g-apps for 4.1.2.

Also noticed that this kernel defaults to 1.8 Ghz. download free app on market romtoolbox lite or the alike and set down. my phone ran fun with higher settings to until this kernel 1.8ghz for days without issue no heat either.

soo.. iam a slight bit confused,,, this kernel runs like crap? or runs good?

Back
Top Bottom