• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thinking about buying used MT4G to bring to Europe...

lollavid

Lurker
Hi all.
I am thinking about picking up a solid, older model android phone to bring with me to Germany. I am moving there in a couple weeks and will immediately get a German prepaid sim (probably Simyo).
I have read a ton of good things about the MT4G and I think they run about $150 or so used. Just wanted to hear any opinions on whether or not you think it's a good idea or if I should look into another phone as well.
Also, is the unlocking process hard? I have rooted my Samsung Galaxy Tab and I'd like to do the same with the phone.
Thanks in advance.

My wife and I have had our MT4Gs for some time now and have had no problems with them. I very much like them. We got ours from T-Mobile as refurbed units for $50 each (with a new contract, which was fine with us). T-Mobile provided us with the unlock codes because we had been with them for years. The codes are 8 digits long. When you put a foreign SIM in the phone and power it up, it prompts you for the unlock code. Simple. I have no idea where you would get the code otherwise. It is also possible to buy a used phone that someone has already unlocked.

Back
Top Bottom