• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tripod mount for the MAXX?

Thanks Ryant! I had found something similar and much cheaper on ebay, but it looked rather flimsey. The binder clips option looks interesting, but I've decided to go with the phoneboat--I want something that has more "hold" in place to protect my phone.

I'll post a follow-up review when I have it in hand.

Thanks for the follow-up research for me!

Eric

Upvote 0
I ordered the PhoneBoat tripod mount, and it was in the mail today. The phone fits just fine in the mount, and it balances well. It does what it says it's going to do and allows me to mount MAXX to a tripod for steadier shots.

The only issue I have is that the phone slides easily (a little too easily) in the mount which makes me feel like it's going to fall out. There is no rubber or felt on the clasp, so I feel very uncomfortable in the way it feels. I have a query into the manufacturer to see if this is there intended fit. I may also mount my own rubber in place so that I feel better.

I would give it 5 stars (out of 5) if it felt firmer in the grip, but for now it sits at 3.5 stars...

Upvote 0
Arkon has a tripod and holder for 1/4" 20:

Mobile Grip Mini Fold-Up Smartphone Tripod
Mobile%20Grip%20Smartphone%20Mini%20Tripod.jpg
Mobile%20Grip%20Smartphone%20Mini%20Tripod%20BACK.jpg

Here's a link to just the holder / adapter part: Arkon Mobile Grip Tripod Adapter for Smartphones

Reactions: zoxxo
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones