• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help turning off 3G

putz

Could I please get some help?

My younger brother just got the Samsung Continuum & we want to turn off 3G, it's a battery drainer & it's not always needed.

Thank you!

Afraid that you can't turn it off. And, to the point of battery drainage, it's actually easier on the battery than 1x.... Are you looking at going wifi only, when you aren't using 3g?

I was trying to figure out why you want to turn off 3g. As for using wifi, drag down the notifications menu, and turn wifi on there. Or, go to settings, wireless and networks, wifi. check it, then select the network you want to hook onto and enter the wep code 9or whatever passcode the wifi uses) and it's up and going... wifi is on a totally different radio from 3g.

i believe the only way to turn it off.. if your rooted to 2.2 i have the option to turn my data off and the 3g goes away..

Download Juice Defender. Its free and You can shut it off and only enable it for certain apps. It's really a battery saver.

Also, there are widgets that you can download that turn 3G off. There are definitely ways.. and its not hard.

Hope it helps!

Back
Top Bottom