• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [TUT] How to Unbrick Micromax Funbook Pro p500

cool.gautam

Android Enthusiast
Oct 3, 2011
USA
Hello guys first all of all just forthe info Allwinner A10 tablet cant be hard bricked! You can always flash a livesuit.img and restore your tab back! We dont have the original liveusit.img of the tab but i manage to get back on stock with few steps and this method is confirmed and tested!!

Requirements -
ADB Drivers ( ADB_Drivers.rar - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download )
USB Mouse
Little Brain

Note : If you have CWM installed onyur tab you can simply Restore from your restored backup if you dont have one here it is

2012-09-25.11.49.26.rar - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

Step 1 : - Download the software called Livesuit you can easily google it and find it but here's treat for you!

http://www.yarvik.com/userfiles/yarvikfirmware/YarvikLiveSuit.zip

Step 2 : - Download this image http://www.yarvik.com/userfiles/yarvikfirmware/TAB461EUK_A404.img

Step 3 : - Extract Livesuit software and open Livesuit.exe -- > Whataver pop-ups come just click no! -- > Click on select image and browse to the downloaded TAB461 .img and leave the software as it is

Step 4 : - Now connect your tablet ( make sure it is turned off not in recovery or something , you can do this by holding power button for long ) to the pc/laptop by holding back button! as soon as you attach usb , while holding back button press 'power' button 10 times repeatedly!
Wait and a pop up will come Click 'YES' 2 times it will take 2 mins to flash the image and u will soon boot up!

Step 5 :- Touch wont work on this image! So connect your wired mouse with OTG cable and install CWM and then the backup! as described below

http://androidforums.com/funbook-pro-all-things-root/624776-tut-install-cwm-micromax-funbook-pro-p500.html

If having any problem comment below! i will solve it!

If u like my work....just hit THANKS :D

Reactions: yooray
Gautam - No window pop-up after repeated attempts and if I click sysupdate it says "No Device Found". Please help.

P.S: To land in this problem all I did was try to move the busybox from xbin to bin and used ADB to change install location. I had done this before and the tab was working fine until one fine day it reset itself and wiped clean (back to internal memory full)

Upvote 0
Hey i got micromax funbook pro and i tried to install clockwork recover mod in it.after rebooting to recovery mode my device is stuck in micromax logo and not moving forward.could anybody tell me what to do now?

i tried top use the live suit too...but connecting it and pressing the power button 10 times is not taking any effect on the software. Please somebody help me with this issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones