• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Twrp

Jeezy1

Guys i need help pleasee!!! I cant flash any rom in HTC one S its not flashing in twrp. Thanks!!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    498.1 KB · Views: 202
Welcome to our AndroidForums, @Jeezy1 :).

Well, it looks like you do not have a "ville" device...(that's why the assert check is failing when you're trying to flash the .zip file).

If you run the getprop | grep ro.product.device command from an adb shell or an Android Terminal Emulator session, what does it report?

Last edited:
Sorry i am really new to this but i flashed the twrp recovery using the 'fastboot flash recovery...' and followed the instructions after afterwards. So... i need help please

You need to verify that you've got the same / matching device for the ROM you're trying to flash.

To do that, you need to know what your ro.product.device (i.e., the device's codename) is since the ROM.zip file has a cross-check to keep you from flashing the wrong ROM to the wrong device.

edit/by-the-way: I've moved your thread over here to the HTC One S root area for you.

i downloaded this from the official cyanogenmod website. http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=ville

That's all well and good, but I'm not 100% certain that custom ROM matches what device you have (in fact, I'm pretty sure it's not).

Reboot your device and find the ro.product.device value as I indicated above--that will confirm what actual device you have and tell you what ROMs you should be looking for.

Sorry for being a bit dumb but like i said i am very new to this just broke free from iphone. This should be it right?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    505.4 KB · Views: 170
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    505.4 KB · Views: 160
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    589 KB · Views: 196
Yep, it's exactly as I suspected, you have the "villec2" variant/version of the HTC One S.

You'll have to find ROMs that are specific to this type model of your device--you don't want to flash a ROM that is not meant for your device (i.e., the ville version has a different Snapdragon processor that your villec2 does).

I finally got a ROM with a valid download link but i get this bullshit. Can you please help or provide a download for the a new ROM for my device so i can flash it pleeaase thank you!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    403 KB · Views: 206
Hmm, that is weird...those warning messages indicate you don't have a "villec2" device which, based on your screenshot above, you actually do.

I'm hoping other HTC One S root folks will be able to chime-in here to help--I do NOT own an HTC One device so I have no direct/specific experience / knowledge that applies here...

Can you post the exact download link so I can look at it when I get home this evening? (no promises that I'll find anything, but I would like to look at the updater-script file inside that flashable).

Not sure where you found "MK43.0-villec2-201308212041-UNOFFICIAL.zip" (the ROM you show in your last image) in that thread...the first download link I saw was for "MK42.2.RC4-villec2-201307152016-UNOFFICIAL.zip"...:confused:...oh, well, I have the MK43* one, too.

Okay, I've looked at the ROM's updater-script file and I still do not see any reason why you should be getting the installation error you're showing above (in post #17) .

So, what I'd like you to do now/next is to verify the ro.product.device and the ro.build.product system properties that the ROM is cross-checking when trying to flash it. You can do this in two ways:

1. Method one: If you know how to use adb, then:

- start your device in TWRP custom recovery
- go into the Mount menu and press the Disable MTP button
- from your PC, type these two commands (if you make sure you type the above commands in lowercase, the you can omit the "-i" part):

adb shell getprop | grep -i ro.product.device
adb shell getprop | grep -i ro.build.product
- report back here or post a screenshot with the above information​

2. Method two:

- start your device in TWRP custom recovery
- go to the Advanced menu
- select Terminal Command
- select any folder in the Browse to Starting Folder (I chose /cache--it doesn't matter which one you choose)
- touch the "Select" button on the bottom right hand corner of the screen
- in the small bar/window just above the keypad that should now be displayed, type each of the following commands (pay attention to the output that is produced--that's what we want to verify):

getprop | grep -i ro.product.device
getprop | grep -i ro.build.product

you'll notice that you can simply use the backspace softkey and change the last part of the command before hitting the "Go" button; if you make sure you type the above commands in lowercase, the you can omit the "-i" part

- report back here or post a screenshot with the above information​

:)

By the way, since your clearly rooted, it might be easiest to grab the /cache/recovery/last_log and /cache/recovery/last_log.1 files and post them up here.

They should contain not only the system properties we're interested in by also the exact error messages in text.

You can do this in lieu of the stuff from my last post.

Guys i need help please i cant seem to flash ANY ROM on my HTC one S ville c2 i keep getting error is CWM recovery mode. I'm new to this so please help me!! thank you so much in advance!

I'm using the clockworkmod recovery can i see the error from there? else i would have to install the twrp recovery all over again

Back
Top Bottom