• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Ummmmm....where's my car dock??

Hi all,
I've got a razr maxx so I don't use the car dock very often but didn't charge my phone for two day so I decided to give it a shot while driving to work this morning. Slid the phone in the dock and got a pop up that asked me whether I wanted to use Tasker or Smart Actions to complete the task. Odd? Hit cancel, removed the phone, slid it back in again...same thing. Drove to work with my regular home screen displayed.

Got to work and decided to manually launch the dock app. No car dock in the app drawer. Home HD dock works fine but car dock not so much. What the heck? Am I missing something here? Where can I download the factory car dock?

Mike

no your not missing anything the razr and the razr maxx have hidden the app icon for some reason the only way i can see the icon is holding down the home button to see recent apps and it sometimes shows there but not always. i think it is a bit stupid as if you cancel out the dock by mistake you have to unplug it and plug it back in. also regarding the pop up you get i would click smart actions as im assuming its a hidden smart action that launches the program when its plugged in to the dock.

Upvote 0
That is odd. I bet there is a way to clear the default setting, but I'm not sure what it is. Does Cardock show up in settings>applications>manage applications>all?

I have been using Car Home Ultra since it was in beta on my Droid X and now on my Razr. I have found it to be well worth the purchase price. Definitely worth a look. Good luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones