• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unable to Lock On Home Network

I love the phone, but whenever Im in a building, or at work, and the signal gets low with TMO(my home network) it bounces right onto ATT and will stay stuck on there for a very long time without seeming to even try to search for TMO again. I have it set for manual selection of network too, and there is no option to prevent it from roaming onto other networks... If you could help, this would be greatttly appreciated!!!!

Unfortunately there is not a lot you can do to the phone to prevent this as it is down to a roaming agreement your network has. In these cases if the SIM cannot connect to one network it will bounce to the other. If you wish you can speak with your network provider regarding this matter.

It is possible to lock on the home network and it is also explained in the user manual in the Network Settings section around page 30.

This is my reply in the other topic:

I have the same problem with my operator which in low coverage areas goes on roaming, so I set the phone to manually choose the operator: from Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Network operator set the search mode to manual and then select your operator, when there will be no coverage the phone will connect to another operator but will let you place only emergency calls.

Having similar problems on my SGS+ i9001 keeps switching to roaming alhtough it is 'locked' to home network..... did you manage to find a solution?

Back
Top Bottom