• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unlimited 4G on Verizon

tm1886

Lurker
Jul 7, 2013
I bought my Galaxy S4 outright to avoid moving to a tiered data plan, therefore I am unlimited on the 4G network. I use PDAnet to connect to my computer, which doesn't have a wireless card. I use less than 6GB/month as most of the time, the phone is connecting to a wi-fi network to get Internet but when I'm on the road, I use the Verizon 4G stuff. My question is can Verizon see that I'm tethering and if so, will they charge me for it? I hear people using up to 50GB or more and I'm hoping that means I'm small potatoes to them.

I bought my Galaxy S4 outright to avoid moving to a tiered data plan, therefore I am unlimited on the 4G network. I use PDAnet to connect to my computer, which doesn't have a wireless card. I use less than 6GB/month as most of the time, the phone is connecting to a wi-fi network to get Internet but when I'm on the road, I use the Verizon 4G stuff. My question is can Verizon see that I'm tethering and if so, will they charge me for it? I hear people using up to 50GB or more and I'm hoping that means I'm small potatoes to them.

They will not charge you.

I've seen people using 1TB of data in a month (Yes, a Terabyte)

You'll be fine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones