• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

USB Charging Question

rabernet

Android Enthusiast
I will charge my phone at work using the USB cable connected to my computer. Each time that I plug it in, it prompts me to install drivers, download HTC software and launches a Verizon page.

When I was using the Incredible, there was something that could be keyed into the phone that prevented this, but I don't remember what that was, and I must not be using the correct search criteria, because I can't find it now.

Is there anything that I can do to prevent installing anything on my work computer if I only plan to utilize the computer here for charging only?

Are you selecting "charge only" on your phone when the prompt comes up when you plug it in?

I have my phone defaulted to "charge only" under Settings/Connect to PC/Default connection type and I still get the prompts. I've even shut down my phone and turned it back to to "re-boot" it, and even after that, the settings are still charge only, but all three prompt screens pop up when I plug the phone to the computer.

The prompts themselves do not have a charge only option. I simply close all three screens down without responding to them.

On the Incredible, if I'm remembering correctly, there was some sort of digit code that was entered on the phone (one time) and it worked perfectly and I could plug the phone in at will and never got any prompts.

I've attached pictures of the two prompts, and it also opens this site:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/vmm/download/

Attachments

• Android.JPG
    Android.JPG
    15.3 KB · Views: 76
  • Software.JPG
    Software.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 75
I agree, I would love to disable this from popping up on every computer I use to charge my phone.

Back
Top Bottom