• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help USB Mounting Problem

Recently I went to plug in my continuum into my computer via usb in order to put some more music on it. It will get a charge from the cable but the option to mount never comes up. Also my computer doesn't make the "duDunk" sound of when something is plugged into computer.

When I plug into a new usb slot windows says it is an unknown device and can't find drivers for it (Am using windows 7 32 bit).

When I disconnect, the phone is saying that it is looking for new media and everything as if it had been connected to the computer.

Have plugged my Kindle and usb flash drive into same ports and those work just fine.

Last time I had it plugged in was about 1.5-2 weeks ago without any problems.

This is my first "smart" phone so any help would be great!

The first thing I would check is your usb settings (settings/usb settings) and make sure they are either on mass storage or ask on connect.
Next, I'd go to settings/applications/manage applications, and make sure usb debugging is checked. That should fix it, if there is no issue with the cord.

Back
Top Bottom