• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Verizon GS3 - Software update is temporarily unavailable

Kelemvor

So I have an old GS3 that does not have an active line on it since I moved it to my GS5. I wanted to use the GS3 as an internet device jsut for videos and games and stuff but I want to get it all up to date.

When I try to check for new updates from Verizon, I get an error that says what's in the title of this post.

Do the OTA updates only work if I have an active account on the device or might there be something else wrong? I can always look into rooting it and putting on CM or something like that but I'd rather not take the time if I don't have to.

I do have the phone online, can use google play and update my apps and everything else. I just can't check for actual system updates from Verizon.

Thanks!

Use the program Samsung Kies on your pc, plug your phone in and check for updates.
What version are you on just now?

Turns out it was probably a sim card problem. I swapped sim card from a different phone and was able to do the update. Swapped them back and I'm good now.

Was on 4.3. Now on 4.4.2.

Back
Top Bottom