• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] Help needed to solve problem on my Samsung s3 SCH-I535 phone

kkafle

Lurker
Aug 28, 2014
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 CDMA Verizon & GSM phone. Originally it was on android 4.1.2 and working fine for both CDMA and GSM (one at a time). I was asked for firmware upgrade every time when I run Samsung Kies. One day I clicked to upgrade the firmware. The upgrade was over successfully. But the new android version I found on my phone was 4.4.2.
In this version /new upgrade, I was unable to use CDMA data (EVDO-rev A). So I wanted to reverse back to old version. I search the process in Google and tried to load firmware with the help of Odin3 using this file:-

Hello and welcome kkafle!
Unfortunately, upgrading to 4.4.2 there is no going back:(

You'll have to get the 4.4.2 firmware file and install it via ODIN. (when flashing with ODIN, disable or uninstall Kies....ODIN and Kies don't like each other)

You can grab the firmware and ODIN from here:
Firmwares | SamMobile

You'll need to set up a free account to get the firmware download, but it's your best bet;)

Upvote 0
Thanks for the useful information.

Is this(the following one) the proper firmware for my SCH-I535 CDMA Verizon & GSM phone?

Model Country/Carrier Date Version PDA CSC Kies
SCH-I535 USA (Verizon) 2014 June 4.4.2 I535VRUDNE1 I535VZWDNE1
(file: I535VRUDNE1_I535VZWDNE1_VZW.zip)

Please be informed that I am using this phone in Nepal (not in USA). It was carrier unlocked for both CDMA & GSM when I purchased from Amazon.

And which version of Odin is should I use 3.07 or 3.09 ?

Is it possible to load firmware for version 4.3? does not it work in my case?

Upvote 0
Hmmmm, Nepal eh? :hmmmm:
Yeah, not 100% sure on that one sorry. I would think, I repeat, think that you would need a firmware/baseband (radio) that would work in Nepal.
Sorry I don't have a more definitive answer for you my friend :eek:

As far as the version of ODIN, I would use what they post at Sammobile site. I personally think either will work but my best guesstimate would be to use the 3.09 version;)

Reactions: kkafle
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones