• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] whats a good lg based rom

The definition of a good ROM is one that has features that you want and the stock ROM (or the one you have, in your case) doesn't, and doesn't leave out features you need.

What's a good ROM for you? It may be totally different than what a good ROM for me is. (If you're never going to use GPS, and there's a fantastic ROM but the GPS on it is broken, it might be a great ROM for you. It would be a deal breaker for me. If the music quality of a ROM isn't that great, I wouldn't care. I don't use my phone as an mp3 player, and I'm pretty deaf anyway.)

Asking what's a good ROM is like asking what's a good flavor of ice cream.

Thanks. But basically I'm looking for something that I can use as a daily driver. GPS working. WiFi working. I'm just trying to find what Roms are LG based so I can test them. I'm not a big fan of AOSP

Thanks. But basically I'm looking for something that I can use as a daily driver. GPS working. WiFi working. I'm just trying to find what Roms are LG based so I can test them. I'm not a big fan of AOSP

I noticed your device info mentions Big Red so assuming this phone is also on vzw, I'd recommend this:

[ROM OTA] LG G2 Verizon Stock Rooted VS98012B - xda-developers

It's stock 4.2.2. I'm typically a rom nut but I've stayed stock on this one. UI is very sharp imo and everything works. I've tried a few of the KK roms and bailed after a few days.

CleanROM and Malladus both are stock-based, have had no hiccups on either in regards to functions working or not. GPS, BT, WiFi, tether, all seem fine through mine. Only issue I'm having is the KK 4g data issue (which isn't a ROM issue from what I'm finding, it's a KK one...meh.).

Back
Top Bottom