• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] Carbon Rom Updates???

When you get the updates from the initial port here do you have to flash the APN fix each time out can you just leave it. Also is MMS and LTE working at the same time.

Sorry if that last question is getting tiresome to hear I just need both to function in my everyday life

Idk if it's necessary, but I flash the apn fix every time. It takes 10 seconds, so why not. MMS and LTE work if you flash fix #2 or #3 and use hangouts or another 3rd party MMS app.

Upvote 0
As for your question about the APN fix

If the ROM is posted here in for example Eb's Cm page or moped s port page then the APN fix probly is included, still good practice to put the fix or even just leave the newest fix on our SD card for just in case reasons

Since the new d2lte models have rolled out, certain pages here haven't really been updated either out of lack of time or that fact that no edits are needed anymore......but for any of those Roms I'd always suggest having the fix around as most devs just switched to the d2lte so the apns are most likely not yet included

I believe although I may be remembering wrong but I believe I saw struckn say someone, I think it may have been Stefen, is in touch with the cm team so hopefully at some point cm at least may soon include ours as well, then after that any ROM built from cm should have it, unless the person building removes them and hopefully after that other devs will follow suit

Upvote 0
as of when did cm started including our boot loader in the updater script(question mark), And the d2lte is the same as d2spr, just with our bootloader, no other differences(question mark

I answered this in the other thread u asked about it

The d2spr should be dead in our mind pretty much, d2lte is all galaxy s3s pretty much, and I'm pretty sure it has no boot loader, just has the d2vmu added to supported devices along with a few other variants so it will flash without needing alterations

Its now pretty much flash the d2lte version, flash gapps, flash fix if needed, no more asserts

Reactions: struckn
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones