• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] Connect to pc issue

My wife & I both have VM SGV nd4. When mine is connected to pc, I get 3 options : charge only, as media device, & pictures only, & it has no problem transferring music, pic, videos, etc back & forth between pc & phone. My wife's phone only shows 2 options when connecting to pc, : media device & pics only but no "charge only". Now, we have 2 pc's. Her phone transfers files fine on the pc with Windows XP, but not on pc with Windows 8. When her phone is connected as media device on Windows 8 pc, the phone isn't even recognized. However, when connected thru pics only setting, pc recognizes phone, folders, but not the files within the folders. It correctly sees that the SD card has info on it b/c it displays the correct amount of free space left on it.
I've checked both phones (about phone) under settings, side by side, & they are identical.
Can anyone help me?
Thanks,
Agn0sbaikala

I should also mention that both phones are rooted with link2sd installed. I suppose I could unmount SD card & try transferring files directly, but if I unmount, will it cause a problem with all the apps linked to it? Would I need to remove all the links 1st? Then relink them afterwards?
Thanks again, really. I do appreciate anyone who takes the time to respond.
Agn0sbaikala

Back
Top Bottom