• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] I tried to play it COOL... but...

SteboMT

:(

Since I got my SGV back in 2012 I updated it out of the box. Then I rooted it and had to use Moon's no props update to MG5. This worked fine till about a years worth of updates on apps. Then it got laggy.

I never tried another ROM, just rooted with WIFI tether for my iPad.

Now I have tried everything in this forum to get to ND4 and it just wont do it. Restored the stock recovery and unrooted MG5, ran the update over the air which said successful. Go into settings and it's MG5!!! Reboot a few times OK, then all of a sudden OTA update is available again. Tried the TWRP zip of Madbat's and it fails with the partition error (*p7?)

I don't like the gimped phone limitations (1.73GB) of these cheap android phones! My friend with an S4 said he's never had a problem with it and its Kitkat. Anyway I hate to do it, but I guess I will get a LG Volt and may even leave it stock.

After using it for 2 years it's been a good phone, I paid $250 for it @ the shack. The battery is just now getting to where it's dead after a full day and use it lightly.

Nothing will be as fun as that good ole Motorola Triumph with all the cool ROMS that one had. Too bad not one ROM was stable as they all had glitches.

Madbat always around to give a helping hand what would they do without you my brother. Good to see ya.

Madbat always around to give a helping hand what would they do without you my brother. Good to see ya.

Thanks bro. I got an s3 now so its getting hard. Good to see you too. I guess someone noticed me helping, dig my new title. :cool:

My wife has my victory. She had one herself but she smashed the screen so I gave her mine. Found an s3 cheap so I grabbed it.

Yeah conquest for the s3 is a beast. I'm liking being a guide, I'm learning a lot. Don't have enough time though. I'm in my 30's now, got stuff ta do. Lol

Back
Top Bottom