• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile] Roms?

jdking96

Are there any roms with working 4g, video, camera? I'm planning to get this phone soon. I'd like to help build roms for it if anyone one could point me to a good place to learn how.

Yes, victorious and conquest. Conquest is currently in another forum, "vmroms" and is the most current. But both have everything working.

Yes... Moon is quitting though because some idiotic people pissed him off and because android forums thinks he is advertising his rom through another acxount. It really sucks because he was one of the best devs that I have experienced despite other people's views towards the guy. But yes, I reccommend conquest because it was updated only a few days ago.

Yes... Moon is quitting though because some idiotic people pissed him off and because android forums thinks he is advertising his rom through another acxount. It really sucks because he was one of the best devs that I have experienced despite other people's views towards the guy. But yes, I reccommend conquest because it was updated only a few days ago.

I'll concede that he's a great developer for a device with such limited development resources.

However, I'll withold judgement on the rest since I don't know what the moderators saw that we didn't that gave them that clue. I have my thoughts on that both ways.

That being said, I'm not sure if he plans continued support for 9.4, or if it's abandoned, so use at your risk. 9.4 works fine.

Conquest is now updated to 11.2 as of today, but I won't post a link since AF honestly thinks that VMRoms is a competing site. Main reason Moon isn't on here anymore is because trolls would ignore his FAQ, but that's all I'll say.

I wouldn't even bother with Victorious because its broken my phone several times over. Conquest is your best bet, especially since the Dev scene for the Victory is all but dead.

Can some tell me if Conquest 4g works? I'm only upgrading for the 4g to be honest. So If it doesn't i might as well stick to my optimus v lol

Can some tell me if Conquest 4g works? I'm only upgrading for the 4g to be honest. So If it doesn't i might as well stick to my optimus v lol

Yes. Everything on conquest works. Very stable ROM. But even stock the victory is a much better phone than the opti v.

Conquest 11 is raging dude. To get the KitKat Theme working just delete the vmtheme/system/framework folder out of the KitKat_1.0.zip and flash it and you will be set with that particular theme. This only applies to Conquest 11; any Conquest Rom before 11 just flash the theme zip as is. Yeah you right!

I understand that he's doing a lot for our phone, but seriously he seems a little whiney. Who cares if there's morons on here that only care about their specific problems. I think it's a little immature for him to "take his ball and go home" because of it. Maybe it's just me.

He's a cool mo fo. He's helped many a people here but I totally understand his frustration when everything is spelled out in the Faq's of his rom and no one reads it. Also, If I was developing kick ass roms for the community and people are bitching about the work I truly believe they are ******ed and shouldn't even own a phone cause apparently they can't operate it. Sorry, but I'm with him 100% on that (He's helped me numerous times with different scenarios and nothing pertaining to the FAQ's for his rom). He and I are more than willing to help out anyone wanting to learn some developing but I do not like backward progression! Yeah you right!

Back
Top Bottom