• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile/Sprint] Mod, Please close/delete this thread.

HTML:
Original TWRP by xclusive36 http://androidforums.com/virgin-mobile-sprint-optimus-f3-all-things-root/871054-recovery-vm-twrp-v-2-8-0-0-lg-optimus-f3.html

Does this TWRP 'version' actually do a backup AND restore - including the data?

------------

It is much easier to create a custom kernel and allow it to boot. It is also much easier to make custom ROMs, but it isn't working fulling at the moment.
why? Loki is a simple one step process and it works with all kernels so all Roms. Loki changes the kernel load address to overwrite the security checks in the aboot code. how much simpler than that?

why? Loki is a simple one step process and it works with all kernels so all Roms. Loki changes the kernel load address to overwrite the security checks in the aboot code. how much simpler than that?

True as that is, but that modifies the kernel, Bump! only modifies the signature. (You seem to know more about kernels robaho, but to me this would be the main difference)

So Bump! does not need to overwrite security checks as the bootloader will believe that any bump!ed kernel is official LG.

That is what I gathered from reading about Bump! last night.

In the end though Loki, and Bump! both do the same thing: Getting the custom [whatever] running on the phone with little modification.

when I reviewed the standard aboot source I would guess that Bump should not be possible. since the signature is calculated from the loaded kernel using RSA encryption. so for bump to work it would need to patch the kernel in such a way that the signature would be the same - which should be mathematically impossible.

Back
Top Bottom