• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Virgin Mobile/Sprint] Strange Root Problem

portezbie

Android Enthusiast
I rooted my f3 with motochopper and it has worked fine for a while but today I tried to install greenify but it didn't pop up with the permission screen to give it root permission. So I figured I had lost my root. I rerooted the phone and it everything worked fine but then superuser asked me to update the binary. After doing that root for apps I already granted permission still work but no new apps get permission. It doesn't ask or anything. The old apps still seem to have permission though.

Anyone have any ideas what is causing this?

Thanks

Not sure, but my superuser app asked me to update it last week I think it was. You using the most recent version of it? In fact, my phone is telling me now that there is a new version.

I never update my binary until I hear about it. That's why. Problems occur because the binary update causing conflicts with apps using the old binary, and some apps aren't compatible with the newest one or the binary isn't compatible with them yet... Especially if the app isn't popular enough. This is what I've read anyways.

Does anyone know how to unroot? I tried running motochopper again but to install Super SU instead of superuser, but it says it failed because it's already rooted.

Does anyone know how to unroot? I tried running motochopper again but to install Super SU instead of superuser, but it says it failed because it's already rooted.

Just download SuperSU from the play store. The other SU app will be used to grant permissions to the SuperSU app. You can then use SuperSU if you choose. Ensure you still have root prior to uninstalling the old SU app.

My f3 was rooted then it became unrooted and I cant get it to root or the secret menu to come up ive factory reset twice tryed to reroot need help anyone experienced this

My f3 was rooted then it became unrooted and I cant get it to root or the secret menu to come up ive factory reset twice tryed to reroot need help anyone experienced this

Back
Top Bottom