• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wallpaper 'twitching'

Shazbat

Jul 17, 2010
My wallpaper (usually photo of choice) has been scrolling a bit when I flick through my home screens. I didn't mind this.

Today, out of nowhere (literally within the last hour or so) since changing my wallpaper pic, it's stopped scrolling and instead I can only describe it as 'twitching' left-to-right (or vice versa) when I unlock the phone or return from an app or other function to the home-screen. It also does it by itself in the time before the screen goes to sleep. There is no longer any scrolling (which I would really rather have, over this current problem) and nothing seems to be stopping the 'twitching' happening, not even changing my wallpaper pic back to the one I had before. It also does it with stock wallpapers as I've already checked. I've rebooted the phone twice and that hasn't solved it. I haven't had any updates today that I'm aware of. I really don't relish having to do a hard reset.

My wallpaper (usually photo of choice) has been scrolling a bit when I flick through my home screens. I didn't mind this.

Today, out of nowhere (literally within the last hour or so) since changing my wallpaper pic, it's stopped scrolling and instead I can only describe it as 'twitching' left-to-right (or vice versa) when I unlock the phone or return from an app or other function to the home-screen. It also does it by itself in the time before the screen goes to sleep. There is no longer any scrolling (which I would really rather have, over this current problem) and nothing seems to be stopping the 'twitching' happening, not even changing my wallpaper pic back to the one I had before. It also does it with stock wallpapers as I've already checked. I've rebooted the phone twice and that hasn't solved it. I haven't had any updates today that I'm aware of. I really don't relish having to do a hard reset.

bit weird..

using Stock Launcher?
if not, try stock.
if so, all i can think of is Settings- App- G.E.L or Google Experience Launcher and wipe data. Maybe Google search too since they are so integrated.

be warned though, doing this will mean you'll need to set up your home screens again.

Upvote 0
I'm using the Google Launcher (presume it's stock?) but can't see GEL in my Apps - I've got Google Now Launcher?

Ironically, it stopped doing it after I made my original post but has just started doing it again now. I haven't done anything else to the phone; just unlocked it to post a photo to Facebook and the wallpaper twitched and has stopped scrolling. I think it's something to do with the scrolling/not scrolling. But I haven't knowingly altered any setting for that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones