• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

what exatcly does custom rom do?

dudleesmuk

if i am useing launcher pro and like it should i use custom rom? wood it run smoother than a stock 1 or is it all just an appereance thing? i have a mv rooted with cm01 recovery and useing vampirefo nernel. wood custom rom or custom rom with rooted kernel improve my device even more or should i just stick with what i got. what i do have is way better than stock but always want the most i can get out of the phone. ty in advance.

Running a custom rom >can< give you better performance or improved battery life. You can also get features that the mfg or provider left out. OTH, if you don't know what you're doing, it can get very frustrating and playing with little or untested software can add instability. If you're one who likes to tinker? Do some research and go for it. If you generally are not the type who takes things apart just to see how they work? Enjoy your stock phone.

atm i dont believe there r any custom roms for the vm intercept. so i dont think i will b doin it anytime soon. as for now the faster kernel is doing great for me.

Back
Top Bottom