• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

what is file extension of contacts / people?

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
A

Android Question

I want to put my people file onto my pc and the sync won't work. I don't link or sync with my email accounts, I prefer it all seperate.
I just need to know what file to search for in my phone when it is connected as a disk drive, so I can drag and drop to my backup.

Your contacts are stored in an area of the handset that isn't accessible via the method you've described.

A number of phones allow you to export them to a csv/vcf file however. Open the people app and in options or settings, there should be an export option. Select export to SD, then it will create a csv/vcf file you can copy to your PC.

You can even import the file to your gmail account so your contacts are stored online.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones