• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What is your current rom+kernel?

LakersDroid

Android Expert
Mine is Unlocked Potential HD with Anthrax 3.7.0 overclocked at 1620MHz. Love the audio from this combination. It's so loud, crisp, and clear. Music never sounded so good on a phone! In performance, I'm getting nearly 4000 in Quadrant! :p

I use Mobster HD w/ Sense, Buttered Toast 15.2, and overclocked to 1566 mhz. This can get me scores of quadrant 3800-4100.

I use Mobster HD w/ Sense, Buttered Toast 15.2, and overclocked to 1566 mhz. This can get me scores of quadrant 3800-4100.

I tried Mobster HD Sense, Not liking the mix of Sense and Jelly stuff but that's just me. :rolleyes:
Mobster HD Lite is nice though.

I've been using negalite's bluROM for the past few days and it's really smooth and fast for a Sense 3.6 ROM. It includes a separate build.prop for VM users in the aroma installer and also has the latest ButteredToast kernel.

ramjet73

I've been using negalite's bluROM for the past few days and it's really smooth and fast for a Sense 3.6 ROM. It includes a separate build.prop for VM users in the aroma installer and also has the latest ButteredToast kernel.

ramjet73

Does it have any major bug like no 3d? 4g? mms work?

I just can't do HTC Sense.

Midnight Rom J is currently in testing, but I've found his senseless ics rom to be very stable and reliable and a very stable internet and gps lock.

Does it have any major bug like no 3d? 4g? mms work?
It's a Sense 3.6 ROM so AFAIK everything works and it has a lot of features the stock ROM doesn't.

I'm on Sprint so I have no way to test MMS for VM but the developer is very responsive and I'm sure will fix it quickly if it doesn't.

Not trying to take any business away from the ROM's here, just responding to the OP and offering an alternative if anyone wants to experiment a little. ;)

ramjet73

Something about that ROM annoys me, maybe its the broken theme... Im not sure
If you are referring to Blu_ROM, negalite has all kinds of mods available to modify the look and feel, but no ROM is going to suit everyone which is is why it's nice to have such a variety available for the Evo 3D/V. ;)

I seem to recall your mentioning green highlights on the quick settings toggles but you can change those to blue with the HTC Blue Sky skin.

ramjet73

Mostly in the stock sense launcher, button presses highlight as green. I havent tried it in several updates I may give it a run again. Working on retheming a rom right now, well..when i have time between work and life... xml files ugh

If you are referring to Blu_ROM, negalite has all kinds of mods available to modify the look and feel, but no ROM is going to suit everyone which is is why it's nice to have such a variety available for the Evo 3D/V. ;)

I seem to recall your mentioning green highlights on the quick settings toggles but you can change those to blue with the HTC Blue Sky skin.

ramjet73

I recall MObster Rom HD sense version has that problem. Even if you select BlueSky, pressing icons the would still show green hightlights.

What settings you picked during setup?

For me I choose 1620MHz cause anything higher and my phone won't boot. 192 for min cpu clock. Pretty much left everything else at default.

1566 and 1512. I had boot issues over 1620 as well, so I went with 1512 next go around...then tried 1566 as well.

When my clock is too high, it won't even boot properly. Choosing 1566 or 1512, and it reboots at some point between 1 minute and 20 minutes.

In another thread, I was told to change some init.d and post_boot things around, and it didn't help. Until I get more feedback on what to try next, I'll just keep running Buttered Toast.

I'll try to look that thread up when I get home. I have yet to try Anthrax with another ROM. That could be my next step, but I don't really want another ROM. Mobster HD is just what I like. Testing with another ROM would just tell me if Mobster and Anthrax play well together on my phone, or if it's just my phone and Anthrax that don't play well together.

Either way, it's my phone that is likely special, as many people here run Mobster HD with Anthrax without any issues. :(

I recall MObster Rom HD sense version has that problem. Even if you select BlueSky, pressing icons the would still show green hightlights.

I dont think it even has the Blue Sky apk in it anymore. Ive leard to ignore the green highlight, but would rather fix it if I knew where to look, trying to combine the stock skin with BlueSky and see if I can get everything going

1566 and 1512. I had boot issues over 1620 as well, so I went with 1512 next go around...then tried 1566 as well.

When my clock is too high, it won't even boot properly. Choosing 1566 or 1512, and it reboots at some point between 1 minute and 20 minutes.

In another thread, I was told to change some init.d and post_boot things around, and it didn't help. Until I get more feedback on what to try next, I'll just keep running Buttered Toast.

I'll try to look that thread up when I get home. I have yet to try Anthrax with another ROM. That could be my next step, but I don't really want another ROM. Mobster HD is just what I like. Testing with another ROM would just tell me if Mobster and Anthrax play well together on my phone, or if it's just my phone and Anthrax that don't play well together.

Either way, it's my phone that is likely special, as many people here run Mobster HD with Anthrax without any issues. :(

I'm telling you, I use Mob HD Sense, with Anthrax 3.7, phone uptime is about 3 days right now, never had a random reboot with it, setup with default/recommended settings in aroma. Idk man, you arent the only one having issues thought so who knows

I dont think it even has the Blue Sky apk in it anymore. Ive leard to ignore the green highlight, but would rather fix it if I knew where to look, trying to combine the stock skin with BlueSky and see if I can get everything going
I may have misunderstood the concern. I'm currently on the latest (SVN Revision 21) and in quick settings the toggles themselves have blue highlights and the background turns blue when one is pressed.

The icons on the home screens still show a green glow when pressed but I think that's a Sense thing and can't be changed.

We're getting a little off topic here and there is a thread for http://androidforums.com/evo-v-4g-all-things-root/629433-negalite-blurom.html already.

ramjet73

I'm telling you, I use Mob HD Sense, with Anthrax 3.7, phone uptime is about 3 days right now, never had a random reboot with it, setup with default/recommended settings in aroma. Idk man, you arent the only one having issues thought so who knows

I may try a fresh install of monster HD and immediately install anthrax to see if anything's different.

Back
Top Bottom