• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

what new phone to pick??? (I know...i know)

seen03

Oct 5, 2010
I am currently looking to buy a new smartphone, and don't know which one I will enjoy most. Some of the key points for this next phone are, I want to root it, OC it, have a variety of ROMs and kernels. Also...i go thru Verizon.
Currently I am using an LG Ally that is OC'd, runs a GREAT ROM (Velocity3), Turbo4 kernel ect.
So, coming from this lil Ally...I'm wanting to stretch my legs with something with more, "meat n taters" so to speak...lol Def. Wanting more speed...a GPU...a bigger screen...more storage....faster OS...ect.
My choices so far are, (probably common picks) Droid Inc. (now with flash) and Droid X.

I know these, "help me decide..." threads are redundant and such...but, I've been all over this forum searched too...but, I cannot decide and I think there may be other phone options I haven't even considered.

Thank you's very much for your time and replies!

Shawn E.

I would say if your choice is between Inc. and X, the incredible would easily be the better choice in your particular situation. I say this because Moto X has a locked bootloader, so from what I hear loading custom ROMs and kernels won't work. My incredible is rooted and running the "redemptive revolution" ROM and works great. Other than that, you can't go wrong either way, they're both good phones!

Upvote 0
just out of curiosity, why would you recommend X over Inc.? Radio power?
Mostly because of the screen. I vastly prefer the screen size of Evo/DX devices. Rooting to me is not a key thing (still haven't decided if I'll root my Evo), and I also like the more-stock build of the DX.

The Incredible is quit the phone and I do very much like it, but the bigger screens are more appealing to me.

It might have something to do with being 6'7'' and having bear paws for hands...

Upvote 0
Mostly because of the screen. I vastly prefer the screen size of Evo/DX devices. Rooting to me is not a key thing (still haven't decided if I'll root my Evo), and I also like the more-stock build of the DX.

The Incredible is quit the phone and I do very much like it, but the bigger screens are more appealing to me.

It might have something to do with being 6'7'' and having bear paws for hands...

agreed, that's one thing i really don't like about my incredible, typing on the qwerty in portrait mode can be pretty difficult. I've been thinking about getting either the Incredible HD or the HTC Mirage on release, but I'm a much bigger fan of Super Amoled screens over Super LCD so it's still up in the air

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones