• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What's the average speed of 3G from your phone?

GamingForever

Sep 1, 2011
I rooted my phone and changed the stuff to 0.0.0.0 for what was said but the phone still seems slow to me for 3G.... It takes a while to load videos but sometimes they load so quick, like in my bed room it seems to load quick but when I'm near my computer (just like 30-50 feet away in my home) it seems so slow to load...

Right now using the regular browser on mobilespeedtest.com I'm getting a connection of 65, 72, and a lucky 242kbps...

edit: When I changed it to 000.000.000.000 it increased a lot more...

edit 2: changing to that number doesn't allow youtube videos to play...

I rooted my phone and changed the stuff to 0.0.0.0 for what was said but the phone still seems slow to me for 3G.... It takes a while to load videos but sometimes they load so quick, like in my bed room it seems to load quick but when I'm near my computer (just like 30-50 feet away in my home) it seems so slow to load...

Right now using the regular browser on mobilespeedtest.com I'm getting a connection of 65, 72, and a lucky 242kbps...

edit: When I changed it to 000.000.000.000 it increased a lot more...

edit 2: changing to that number doesn't allow youtube videos to play...

download speedtest.net app its more accurate.

Upvote 0
I installed the 3G turbo charger script and my speeds have nearly doubled as seen in the screenshot I took earlier.

Attachments

• screenshot-1320421195917.png
    screenshot-1320421195917.png
    50.1 KB · Views: 68
Upvote 0
i changed the correct ones to 0.0.0.0 but i really havent seen much change..at home my dl speed is low and ul speed.. everywhere els my phone seems to work great..but overall i havent noticed anything different

Ok now it seems is though my dl and ul speeds stay down in low 100 to 200 range..I'm wondering if I should chaange the proxy settings back??

Upvote 0
I've done the prl, 0.0.0.0, CtMod, 3g super charger. Everything I can thin of and I still can't break 1000.

Edit: Hell I'm lucky to even break 700. I'm about to change back to stock prl and see if the problem is the prl I picked. Otherwise it's just my location, granted I've been to Albany today and I saw no change in it either.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones