• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What's up with Foursquare?

janpetras

May 24, 2011
~/jan/
Hei... Anyone knows why Foursquare doesn't show up for me on the market? On the phone?

I mean I've installed it before... but now it doesn't show up.
Yes, I've used Market Enabler, set USA, still no foursquare.

And Market Enabler worked, because it enabled me to download Google Maps for example which wasn't available before using Market Enabler...

I was just wondering what's going on... can you do a quick search see if it shows up for you? (on the phone, not the web market).

Have you changed your Market content filters lately? I found out recently, for example, that any app that has a location permission is automatically "low maturity" or above, and won't be seen if your filter is set to "everybody". And I read somewhere (but have not verified) that there may be problems seeing apps whose developers haven't assigned a content filter category.

PS. Foursquare is Medium Maturity.

Upvote 0
So... what filter should I put to include as many apps as possible?
I've set it to all but it defaults back to "High maturity".

I thought that means the moderate and low are included also in High maturity (cuz they are checked you know..).

High maturity only means high maturity? how do I make it so I can view all apps? the options for all the apps doesn't stay checked... IDK why.

Upvote 0
So... what filter should I put to include as many apps as possible?
I've set it to all but it defaults back to "High maturity".

I thought that means the moderate and low are included also in High maturity (cuz they are checked you know..).

High maturity only means high maturity? how do I make it so I can view all apps? the options for all the apps doesn't stay checked... IDK why.
That is correct, the high maturity reading includes medium, low, and "everybody", but not "include all apps". At "high maturity" you should be seeing Foursquare if it runs on your phone. I'm not sure why you don't. Maybe clearing your Market cache would help. Another alternative is that the app gor updated in such a way that your phone is no longer among the ones it's listed to run on.

I'm not sure why your content settings won't stick - that seems very odd.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones