• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

When will my SM-P600 get the KitKat update?

s1mon87

I have the WiFi only version of the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition. I am in the UK. I have not had an update for Android 4.4 KitKat yet. My tablet is running 4.3. I read a news article online that says Samsung are now rolling 4.4 out for the LTE model after rolling out to the WiFi model 2 months ago. I'm just wondering why I've not had any update yet. :confused:

That's odd. I just got a refurb Wi-Fi SM-P600 this week ad the 4.4.2 update was immediately available upon registering with my gmail account.

Definitely not had anything. It says latest updates installed on software update.

Attachments

• 1402013305153.jpg
    1402013305153.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 117
I also have not yet had the KitKat update so I emailed Samsung, here is their reply.
1. The update is released in accordance to serial number
2. The update gets released in batches
3. The update gets released in accordance to the network provider dependant on the location.
4. So at the moment we will not know the exact date it will get released to your device, so keep checking at
www.samsung.com

This doesn't really help a great deal other than to say it should update at some point.

I have the WiFi only version of the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition. I am in the UK. I have not had an update for Android 4.4 KitKat yet. My tablet is running 4.3. I read a news article online that says Samsung are now rolling 4.4 out for the LTE model after rolling out to the WiFi model 2 months ago. I'm just wondering why I've not had any update yet. :confused:

I'm in exactly the same boat. I'm also in the UK and bought my Note 2014 about 4 months ago - its still on 4.3. I've tried updating OTA and via Kies and am told that I have the latest updates.

Even if they release the update in batches (which I would have thought only applies to OTA updates), why would Kies keep telling me that I am on the latest version?

I also have not yet had the KitKat update so I emailed Samsung, here is their reply.
1. The update is released in accordance to serial number
2. The update gets released in batches
3. The update gets released in accordance to the network provider dependant on the location.
4. So at the moment we will not know the exact date it will get released to your device, so keep checking at
Samsung US | TVs - Tablets - Smartphones - Cameras - Laptops - Refrigerators

This doesn't really help a great deal other than to say it should update at some point.

I am waiting for the update too and have had the tablet since late Oct last year. The 4.4.2 update was first released in April, so we are way beyond the 3-4 weeks. According to SamMobile's firmware page maybe a third of the list has now been updated to KitKat. At this rate we're going to be waiting ages.

It surprises me that Samsung would suggest that the update release is dependent on the network provider, when most people have the WiFi only version which is not attached to a network provider.

It also surprises me that this was one of the flagship devices released last autumn at Samsung Unpacked Episode 2 alongside the Note 3 and yet the Note 3 has KitKat across the board already.

Ok I rang Samsung today, they suggested that I wait another 2 weeks, they also said that the delay was due to the fact they have found that the update has caused a few issues.
Now how much of this is true I am unsure, but some sort of statement on their website would be helpful.

Surely if there were a problem with the update there would be people on forums like this one saying so? I've seen nothing of the sort, although I admit I haven't scoured the internet either.

Good point but where do we go from here, do we have a problem with just a few tablets and how can we resolve this issue. Samsung are not really offering a great deal of help.

My wife's Galaxy Tab 3 (8 inch) was updated from 4.2.2 to 4.4.2 OTA today, so I'm hopeful that the Note 2014, which should be closer to the front of the queue in terms of Samsung's priorities, will get it's update very soon.

Sammobile.com is where you'll find what updates are available for your region.

I'm in the Uk and it still hasn't been released yet. I just put the Columbian kitkat rom on instead. It doesn't trip knox so still has warranty.

You can't move apps to sd on kitkat unless you have root.

I'm starting to wonder whether they are holding back the 4.4 update in large parts of the world so as not to impact sales of the Galaxy Tab S, which besides the AMOLED screen and lack of S Pen is quite similar in specs to the Note 10.1 2014.

Mine has had KitKat for months. Not sure what is wrong with all of yours. It's nice how it has the updated TouchWiz. Wish my Note 3 got the new TouchWiz instead it got a downgrade to TouchWiz used on the galaxy s3

Mine has had KitKat for months. Not sure what is wrong with all of yours. It's nice how it has the updated TouchWiz. Wish my Note 3 got the new TouchWiz instead it got a downgrade to TouchWiz used on the galaxy s3

Out of curiosity, did yours have KitKat when you bought it or was it on 4.3 and you got an OTA upgrade?

Mine has had KK since I unboxed it in May. Well, not quite, it downloaded the OTA as soon as I connected it to my WiFi. I'm in the US though, I wonder if that's the difference.

I contacted Samsung directly as Bagsy1 did before and got the same reply, I then queried it as the network provider isn't relevant (as we've mentioned) and its been some time since it was initially released. I've just receive their reply which reads:

In response to your query, the information you have provide is correct, the updates have been released for some devices in the UK.

However we cannot confirm when it will be available for your device, the updates are rolled out by device serial number and location, unfortunately we are not able to see when they are due to be released for individual devices.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused.​

It surprises me that they are releasing it in batches within the UK as, although I'm sure they've had good sales, have they had enough to merit a staged release? Also, surely a staged release would mean at most a few weeks between release batches and not months.

Looking back through this thread, it does seem though that all the posters from the UK are still waiting for the upgrade:(

Mine was on 4.3 when new, and I had disabled Software Update in settings as I heard horror stories about 4.4.2 but eventually decided to do it after my Note 3 got it without issue. I had to manually check for updates in settings--General tab--about tablet--software update and wait. It's a 900MB file.

I just saw some reports of Notes in the Philippines getting the KitKat update. Anybody see anything here yet?

I contacted Samsung directly as Bagsy1 did before and got the same reply, I then queried it as the network provider isn't relevant (as we've mentioned) and its been some time since it was initially released. I've just receive their reply which reads:

In response to your query, the information you have provide is correct, the updates have been released for some devices in the UK.

However we cannot confirm when it will be available for your device, the updates are rolled out by device serial number and location, unfortunately we are not able to see when they are due to be released for individual devices.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused.​

It surprises me that they are releasing it in batches within the UK as, although I'm sure they've had good sales, have they had enough to merit a staged release? Also, surely a staged release would mean at most a few weeks between release batches and not months.

Looking back through this thread, it does seem though that all the posters from the UK are still waiting for the upgrade:(

English man living in The Netherlands - now mid August, my SM-P600 still waiting for 4.4.2, its on 4.3 (I'll root it when it comes - may root it anyway and add custom ROM if it takes much longer)

Have an S4 - I9505 rooted to 4.4.4 CyanogenMod - brilliant!

Back
Top Bottom