• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will not connect to my wi-fi

Tried everything. Keeps saying incorrect password
As far as 'Tried everything' that isn't very definitive, It would help quite a bit if you listed just what you have done to diagnose the problem to bypass a lot of repetitive comments.
Also more details would make it a lot easier for any of us to make actual suggestions -- What kind of modem/router do you have? Is this a problem that has just started happening or has this been going on for a long time period? Does your S7E have any similar problems connecting to other WiFi networks or is it just you home WiFi? Do you have other mobile devices also using your WiFi, and are those also an issue?

Upvote 0
I'm not sure. It's an Xfinity router. How do I check that?
On the side of your Xfinity modem/router will be a printed label with info showing a URL or IP address that you can use to access the setup menu. But this is only necessary if you're trying to access the settings. Odds are very, very unlikely that the default security is setting WEP anyway.
That label will also include the SSID (network name) and password of the default WiFi network. That's the WiFi network you should be trying to set up on your phone, using the indicated password.

Reactions: Dannydet and mikedt
Upvote 0
On the side of your Xfinity modem/router will be a printed label with info showing a URL or IP address that you can use to access the setup menu. But this is only necessary if you're trying to access the settings. Odds are very, very unlikely that the default security is setting WEP anyway.
That label will also include the SSID (network name) and password of the default WiFi network. That's the WiFi network you should be trying to set up on your phone, using the indicated password.
That's what I keep tying in, and no luck

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones