• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I just factory reset my phone and started to reinstalling my apps and WinAmp was one of them. It's not in the Playstore. Any idea what happened to it?

It's gone. They no longer support it nor will they release any updates to it for Android.

It's no longer available on Playstore anymore.

You might be able to download it here:

http://winamp.en.softonic.com/android/download

Upvote 0
If you haven't looked at it yet, Poweramp is well worth the money. It came out long before WinAmp did and was one of the first media players on Android that allowed for gapless playback. Since then, it has done nothing but be improved. Lately, there hasn't been any updates, but this app works really well. The only thing it can't do is sync between your PC and the phone (like WinAmp could over wireless), but that didn't seem to be a functionality I used much. I always went back to Poweramp. You can also swipe across the screen to change tracks and/or albums.

So, you might want to look at that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones