• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Wiped Triumph by mistake, thinking I was freeing up SD card space.

My problem: Thinking I was wiping my SD card, I wiped everything from the phone itself, including CWM.

I can't get the red charging light off, can't get into a download mode to add CWM to the phone, etc, even though I have all the info on my SD Card(CWM and all functions).

Am I cooked? Is there any way to "awaken" the phone to download CWM and CM9, etc???

Thanks.

I would wait for someone else to confirm, but I do believe that your phone is toast. If you can't get into download mode, you cant restore whatever it is that you deleted..... I would recommend, if you are still under warranty, calling virgin mobile and telling them that your phone won't boot. They will take you through some stupid steps before sending you a new phone.

P.S. as a last resort, if you aren't under warranty, try calling them anyway. I am fairly sure that, at least once, they sent me a free new phone even after my warranty had expired.

Upvote 0
TRIUMPH RISES FROM THE DEAD! Thank-you all for pointing the way.

A Special THANKS to warrior12 for sending me to: [FIX]Mobile Partition - Fix For Phone Wont Boot Also, great admiration and Kudos for Austrie and The GeekRedneck for their persistence in finding the Ultimate Solution to the Bricking Problem.

Note:Read the Entire Thread to ensure you use the right Image!!!!

The Phone works perfectly and is now charging back to full power. ...On to CWM and CM7 or CM9 boot!

Thanks again to the great Android Community.

Upvote 0
TRIUMPH RISES FROM THE DEAD! Thank-you all for pointing the way.

A Special THANKS to warrior12 for sending me to: [FIX]Mobile Partition - Fix For Phone Wont Boot Also, great admiration and Kudos for Austrie and The GeekRedneck for their persistence in finding the Ultimate Solution to the Bricking Problem.

Note:Read the Entire Thread to ensure you use the right Image!!!!

The Phone works perfectly and is now charging back to full power. ...On to CWM and CM7 or CM9 boot!

Thanks again to the great Android Community.

No problem. If you need any more help, feel free to ask the communty.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones