• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WireFly Pre-Order Thunderbolt Starting Tonight - Ships 3/17

I'm still on the fence with this order since I wonder if I order at my local Verizon if I'll be able to pick up the phone on the day it's released, if this phone ships from Wirefly on the day it's available to everyone else (my luck with Fed-Ex they try to deliver on Friday and can't, thus holding it for the weekend) and I'm sitting like an idiot waiting for my phone, or I sign up for the wrong talk/text/data plan on here and get irritated trying to resolve the issue. Although, at $199 it's very tempting.

About a $30 total difference from VZW. Correct? Assuming a $50 rebate from VZW.

I prefer paying the $30ish difference because:

1. Get the phone next day (or at store same day): No shipping cost
2. Any problems or want to return the device, can take it to store and direct account adjustment then.

Total phone cost: $220 from WF and $250 from VZW (taxes to add still).

2. Any problems or want to return the device, can take it to store and direct account adjustment then.

$220 from WF? Did their price go up or are you including some other charge? I got to the checkout and saw a $199 price with free shipping if you do regular Fed-Ex. Would be nice if they shipped regular Fed-Ex and you received it on the 17th. Some people are preferring to pay for premium shipping, but I don't see it arriving any time sooner than the 18th. Like I said, I'm still on the fence.

We dont know that Verizon is going to be $199 also the tax on Verizon adds about $60

Just some info that I thought I'd pass along. Got off the phone with Verizon and they said that they have the phone and it will be available for order on the 17th (I asked the CSR if it would be available for pick-up on that date, and she just said it would be available for order so read into it whatever you want although I didn't get anything else out of her). She indicatd that there is currently a $100 rebate but could not confirm with certainty that it would be available when the Thunderbolt is released. The other bit of information she gave me is that the data plan would be $29.99 for unlimited data but that may change. So with that information, I'm processing my Wirefly order as we speak. I figure the $100 rebate is to get rid of 3G android phones before the Thunderbolt hits the shelves so I want Wirefly to honor that rebate before they decide they want to charge $299 for the phone. I suggest anyone that wants to pay $199, order yours now, get your unlimited data plan, and just hopefully the phone comes packaged with the 4G SIM card.

It should work. If you entered the other code first, it won't let you change for some reason. You have to do the whole order over and only enter tbbt

Tried it and they said it was expired via their foreign speaking Customer Service. And as luck would have it, I forgot to enter the promo-code for the free micro card.

So I'm already off to a bad start with Wirefly. My CC was charged the amount of the phone with an upgrade price (based on Vzw.com I qualify for an upgrade) which lead me to believe the order has gone through. I get an email that states Verizon claims my upgrade isn't available until May, which at that point I get a $30 credit, but I'm upgradeable right now at a cost of new service. So Wirefly states they're canceling my order because they claim I'm not upgradeable. If that's the case, why the hell even charge my CC? Why not validate my upgrade price PRIOR to charging my card? I hate this place already.

I had a bad experience with Wirefly the last time I got a phone from them. I had moved from NC to CA, but had a NC number at that time. When I ordered the phone online, I used the 'Have an existing connection' option, but ended up getting a new number because apparently, they don't activate new connections for a NC number in CA. I tried to get the matter resolved, but it didn't quite work out. Eventually, I had to give up my NC number.

The moral of the story is to avoid Wirefly if you are in a scenario where you just moved from one state to another or if you are a current AT&T customer and want to move to Verizon while retaining your current number.

I am sorry to hear you had this experience with us, but I wanted to clarify something about what happened. You moved from the east coast to the west coast - the carrier will not let you keep your number when you do that. That is considered changing markets (ie: from NYC market to Las Vegas market) and the carriers don't allow that. It was not Wirefly being difficult about it, but we were following the rules from the carrier. I am sorry if this was not explained to you by our representatives and caused for you to have a bad experience with us. Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do to be of assistance to you.

So I'm already off to a bad start with Wirefly. My CC was charged the amount of the phone with an upgrade price (based on Vzw.com I qualify for an upgrade) which lead me to believe the order has gone through. I get an email that states Verizon claims my upgrade isn't available until May, which at that point I get a $30 credit, but I'm upgradeable right now at a cost of new service. So Wirefly states they're canceling my order because they claim I'm not upgradeable. If that's the case, why the hell even charge my CC? Why not validate my upgrade price PRIOR to charging my card? I hate this place already.

Why did they do it ??? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I am sorry you arent eligible for upgrade, but the carrier will not allow us to process the order until you are fully eligible. If you PM me your order # I will be happy to make sure you get your money back.

Why did they do it ??? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Yeah, seems like very poor customer service. I guess I'll give my money and save some piece of mind with Verizon. I still don't see how it was denied. If Verizon claims I qualify for an upgrade without getting a $30 credit, then Wirefly should be able to upgrade me at their price like a standard Upgrade. Oh well, no skin off my nose, but I wish they'd leave my money alone if they can't meet their obligation. Granted the charge will eventually drop off, but why touch my account to begin with?

I am sorry you arent eligible for upgrade, but the carrier will not allow us to process the order until you are fully eligible. If you PM me your order # I will be happy to make sure you get your money back.

What I don't understand is I qualify for the same price that people pay for opening a new contract, and even received text messages that told me I'm eligible for an early upgrade (have received 3 text messages thus far). I'm told if I wait till May, I'll get a $30 discount, but that will still come out to $20 more than if I were to purchase through you guys.

That is the same with BestBuy vs. Verizon. I have a line that is eligible for an EARLY upgrade; NOT and upgrade. There is a difference. Those few months when it is EARLY is only recognized by VZW, not other stores like Best Buy. I had wanted to pre-order with BB and couldn't, because although Verizon said I was was eligible for an upgrade, it was an EARLY upgrade. By waiting on that line till July, I will get the New Every 2 (for the last time :(). Luckily, I have another line that just qualified for an upgrade .. so I can save my NE2.

Yeah, seems like very poor customer service. I guess I'll give my money and save some piece of mind with Verizon. I still don't see how it was denied. If Verizon claims I qualify for an upgrade without getting a $30 credit, then Wirefly should be able to upgrade me at their price like a standard Upgrade. Oh well, no skin off my nose, but I wish they'd leave my money alone if they can't meet their obligation. Granted the charge will eventually drop off, but why touch my account to begin with?
Most legit companies don't charge your card untill they ship your product.

Oh, as far as the charging the CC before verifying upgrade eligibility, that seems a silly mistake on WireFly's part. I would be willing to bet the employee actually messed up - I'm sure that WF doesn't like to charge a credit card and then refund .... that looks bad for their bank ...

Hopefully you get your money back in time to order directly through VZW. Sorry. :(

Thanks, I'm not going to shed a tear like the Miami Heat did last week, it is after-all just a phone, just weird practices by charging my card before qualifying me for an upgrade. Oh well.

Oh, as far as the charging the CC before verifying upgrade eligibility, that seems a silly mistake on WireFly's part. I would be willing to bet the employee actually messed up - I'm sure that WF doesn't like to charge a credit card and then refund .... that looks bad for their bank ...

Well I did it online so the system should've checked for upgrade status, unless someone actually manually performs the transaction, which yeah seems very unusual.

Tried it and they said it was expired via their foreign speaking Customer Service. And as luck would have it, I forgot to enter the promo-code for the free micro card.

Must have sold out id guess? It was working as of 4am for me. Said limited quantities available though

Don't worry about it, I'll just wait for the charge to drop from my account, although if you want to do something for me, you can let someone know that it may be best to qualify people for their upgrade before charging their card.

What I don't understand is I qualify for the same price that people pay for opening a new contract, and even received text messages that told me I'm eligible for an early upgrade (have received 3 text messages thus far). I'm told if I wait till May, I'll get a $30 discount, but that will still come out to $20 more than if I were to purchase through you guys.

Hey TxGoat. What you are eligible for is an EARLY UPGRADE which can only be done at a corporate store or a premium authorized retailer. Your NE2 credit vest at the same time your standard 2 year upgrade is available. So thats why VZW says you can upgrade and wirefly says you cant

Back
Top Bottom