• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Would you recommend the LG Optimus 3D to your BEST Friend?

canuckerr

Hey everyone,

I'm about to get my very first Android phone.
Right now, the two phones that i'm deciding on are;
1. LG Optimus 3D
2. Samsung Google Nexus S
(these are the best phones that fall into my budget)

I can get the LG Optimus 3D for $250 and Nexus S for $250.
So price isn't the issue.
From owners of this phone, would you buy it again or recommend it to your best friend?

I've heard a lot of bad things about LG and how it's really buggy. And the biggest thing now is that ICS will not come out for the LG Optimus 3D until Q3 of 2012 (probably will be delayed).
Whereas the Nexus S ICS update is already leaked from what I hear.

So I just want to know if it's worth it to get the LG Optimus 3D.
It's a little bit bigger and a lot more heavy than the Nexus S, so that is a concern.

I certainly have no complaints about my O3D. I certainly wouldn't say it was buggy (mine has frozen once in over 7 months - and that is when I was REALLY fiddling with it!). My last phone was a Blackberry and it froze at least twice a day! (that should put some contrast on what is reliable and what isn't!)

Looking at online specs, the Nexus S seems to have allot less features. Smaller screen, no HDMI output (which I use allot to show family pictures on my TV), less video codecs supported, no MicroSD port (it has higher internal storage but with no potential for expansion - where as the O3D can take a further 32GB if needed) and of course no 3D.

With all this extra tech it is likely that the O3D it will be a little bit heavier and thicker, but it is not a brick.

Some say the 3D thing is a fad, but you can take pictures in 3D and show them in 2D also. You can also convert 2D games to 3D 'on the fly', PLUS I have allot of faith in future 3D technology and can see me buying a 3D TV as my next TV. So to have past memories and video already in 3D will be a bonus.

I may sound a bit pro O3D (what do you expect from this forum!). Also, who is to say that ICS doesn't get leaked earlier? GB was.

Thanks for your reply guys.

The only thing I don't like about the O3D is the size and weight. I doubt i'll ever use the 3D functions..

I have been looking into the xperia arc as well. I like the idea of the tactile buttons

I doubt i'll ever use the 3D functions..

You'd be surprised :D

Had it freeze once so far... been using since Xmas.

3d eats the battery, but if near a power source/usb plug you can recharge.

Screen is preety good and fairly responsive most times. Had one 3d video that jumped - might have been something in the background eating resource.

Over all - yeah I would recommend it.

also noticed a forum for LG 3d 2.... so there may be a better version on the way..?

Back
Top Bottom