• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wrong insufficient space message

pcmxa

I am restoring my phone from the deodexed nandroid I made way back in July. This didn't have maps installed. When I try and install maps, I get an insufficient space message, even though I have 700 megs of free storage. I've cleared all app caches and the davlik cache to no avail. Other apps install fine. Any ideas?

I'm running zv5 on a rooted tribute 1. Kernel version 3.4.0 Android 4.4.3. I have link 2sd installed on a 2gb ext 4 partition.

I am restoring my phone from the deodexed nandroid I made way back in July. This didn't have maps installed. When I try and install maps, I get an insufficient space message, even though I have 700 megs of free storage. I've cleared all app caches and the davlik cache to no avail. Other apps install fine. Any ideas?

I'm running zv5 on a rooted tribute 1. Kernel version 3.4.0 Android 4.4.3. I have link 2sd installed on a 2gb ext 4 partition.

I've had best luck, after a restore, with wiping both cache and dalvik from within recovery. Try this if you haven't already. It clears things out better than preforming similar from within fully booted device.

I've had best luck, after a restore, with wiping both cache and dalvik from within recovery. Try this if you haven't already. It clears things out better than preforming similar from within fully booted device.
Thank you for the suggestion. I tried it and it didn't work. I went to different nandroid backup (not depraved and still having maps installed and that one didn't seem to have the same issue.

Still curious as to why it happened as the device was never anywhere near full before the attempted install, but happy I got it back up and running.

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried it and it didn't work. I went to different nandroid backup (not depraved and still having maps installed and that one didn't seem to have the same issue.

Still curious as to why it happened as the device was never anywhere near full before the attempted install, but happy I got it back up and running.
Glad you're back up and running. Always frustrating when you follow suggested steps and things don't work as expected.

Not a requirement but I seem to have less issues, if any, by wiping cache and dalvik from recovery prior to first boot after any restore or testing of nrw rom.

Back
Top Bottom