• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Xperia Z5 on T-Mobile

Jdkunya

Lurker
I saw the new Sony Xperia Z5, and was very interested in it. However, I saw it was never officially released on T-Mobile. Does anyone have any experience using a unlocked/international unlocked xperia z5? I live in the Wisconsin area.

I'm a little skeptical, because I bought a unlocked phone before (HTC one m8) that was actually a Verizon unlocked, wasn't able to get it to work, ended up sending it back and buying a m8 directly from T-Mobile.

Thanks in advance.

I saw the new Sony Xperia Z5, and was very interested in it. However, I saw it was never officially released on T-Mobile. Does anyone have any experience using a unlocked/international unlocked xperia z5? I live in the Wisconsin area.

I'm a little skeptical, because I bought a unlocked phone before (HTC one m8) that was actually a Verizon unlocked, wasn't able to get it to work, ended up sending it back and buying a m8 directly from T-Mobile.

Thanks in advance.

As far as I'm aware the Sony Z5 hasn't been released by any US network so any unlocked Z5 will be the international version from Europe. The international version runs on the 1700 and 1900 frequency band that T-Mobile uses so it should work ok. Although it doesn't support the 700 mhz band that I think T-Mobile uses for gsm so if you need that there might be a problem.

I am using an international version of Z5 on T-Mobile.
It's a Taiwanese version bought from Amazon US.
Reception is good and I have no complain.

I am using an international version of Z5 on T-Mobile.
It's a Taiwanese version bought from Amazon US.
Reception is good and I have no complain.

I am on T-Mobile and have that same one but I cannot get it to work properly at all. What are you APN settings if you don't mind me asking? I cannot for the life of me get MMS picture messaging to work on this phone even when I have a solid LTE connection.

Name: T-Mobile GPRS
APN: fast.t-mobile.com
Proxy:
Port:
Username:
Password:
Server:
MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapen
MMS Proxy:
MMS port:
MCC: 310
MNC: 260
Authentication type:
APN type: default,supl,mms
APN protocol: IPv6
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer:
MVNO type:

Also, I remember when I first register on the network, there is a step called "download settings for internet and mms".
Mine wasn't working until I the phone have taken this step.
It's right under "Mobile networks" in the More page in setting.
Try to register to the network then take this step.

Yea the download settings for internet and mms was the first thing I did when I set up the phone. My APN looks identical to that one. I figured something out though... for whatever reason MMS works using the Textra app as my messenger but does not work with the built in app or hangouts (hangouts would have been preferred). So it works... sorta :/

Back
Top Bottom