• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Z3 shuts off. Anyone else??

Rockinfigs

Android Enthusiast
Ok. I have a weird situation with my month old z3..last night i placed in in top of a microwave which is made of an outer metal shell. About 30 mins later i picked up the phone and it was completed shut off.. i couldnt even turn it back on with the power button..i had to plug it in and few seconds later it came to life and then i could power it on..i didnt thing anything of it..Today i went to chipotle and placed my phone on their metal tables..a few seconds later...phone is shut off..same BS ..had to plug it in and then few seconds later i could power it on. So thinking its contact with metal thats causing this i came home and placed it my phone on my work bench which is metal..about a min later..sure enough the phone is shut off...WTF? is anyone else having the same issue..can you test it on a metal surface and see if it happens..thks guys

Hasn't hastened to me but I use a case do hopefully this prevents it if it is a common problem!

Back