• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Z987 Stock ROM/Recovery

Masterchief87

Android Expert
Hello everyone, I have made a flashable stock ROM for the ZTE Grand X Max+. This ROM will fully unroot your device, replace TWRP with the stock recovery, and bring your phone back to factory stock condition. If you want to sell your phone, or need to do a warranty exchange due to a hardware issue(not caused by something you did after rooting) then this is what you need.

WARNING:
As far as I know there is no official firmware or flash tool for this phone that is available to the public. This ROM flashes to your boot, system, and recovery partitions so theoretically if the file gets corrupted while you are downloading it, it could potentially brick your phone with no way to fix it. Because of this you have to check the md5 to make sure you didn't get a bad(corrupted) download.

-DISCLAIMER-
I am not responsible for Global Thermonuclear Warfare, the death of your pet, or if your phone transforms into an evil alien robot and burns your house down. You alone are responsible for what you do with your phone. This ROM is for the ZTE Grand X Max+ only. If you flash it on a different device or flash it without checking the md5 and then complain that your phone is bricked, I will laugh at you.

-INSTRUCTIONS-
[1] Download the ROM and put it on your internal storage or SD card.

[2] If you have been using my zips for system r/w, make sure you flash the appropriate RESTORE zip to make sure that TWRP and the boot.img are on their correct partitions.

[3] Do a factory reset.

[5] Flash the ROM and then reboot system after it is finished. (You will get a warning saying that "No OS Is Installed." This is just a false alarm. Ignore this warning and reboot system. )

DOWNLOAD:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347790267
md5:
c75e1fa0b979066ef79193abc53ef127

You can check the md5 by installing and using MD5 Checker from the play store. In order to check the md5 you open the app and click on "Load File 1" and find the file you are checking and select it. Once it has generated the md5 sum for the file you are checking you copy and paste the md5 I posted above into the other field and then press the "Check" button. If the numbers turn green the file is good and if they turn red it is corrupted and needs to be deleted and downloaded again.

If I have helped you please click the like button.

Hello everyone, I have made a flashable stock ROM for the ZTE Grand X Max+. This ROM will fully unroot your device, replace TWRP with the stock recovery, and bring your phone back to factory stock condition. If you want to sell your phone, or need to do a warranty exchange due to a hardware issue(not caused by something you did after rooting) then this is what you need.

WARNING:
As far as I know there is no official firmware or flash tool for this phone that is available to the public. This ROM flashes to your boot, system, and recovery partitions so theoretically if the file gets corrupted while you are downloading it, it could potentially brick your phone with no way to fix it. Because of this you have to check the md5 to make sure you didn't get a bad(corrupted) download.

-DISCLAIMER-
I am not responsible for Global Thermonuclear Warfare, the death of your pet, or if your phone transforms into an evil alien robot and burns your house down. You alone are responsible for what you do with your phone. This ROM is for the ZTE Grand X Max+ only. If you flash it on a different device or flash it without checking the md5 and then complain that your phone is bricked, I will laugh at you.

-INSTRUCTIONS-

[2] If you have been using my zips for system r/w, make sure you flash the appropriate RESTORE zip to make sure that TWRP and the boot.img are on their correct partitions.

[3] Do a factory reset.

[5] Flash the ROM and then reboot system after it is finished. (You will get a warning saying that "No OS Is Installed." This is just a false alarm. Ignore this warning and reboot system. )

DOWNLOAD:
md5:

You can check the md5 by installing and using MD5 Checker from the play store. In order to check the md5 you open the app and click on "Load File 1" and find the file you are checking and select it. Once it has generated the md5 sum for the file you are checking you copy and paste the md5 I posted above into the other field and then press the "Check" button. If the numbers turn green the file is good and if they turn red it is corrupted and needs to be deleted and downloaded again.

Can you supply with a link to your r/w flashable zips?

I tried to use this on now my phone is gone. Is there a way to fix it?
I got a black screen and a solid red light on top and that's it.

I tried to use this on now my phone is gone. Is there a way to fix it?
I got a black screen and a solid red light on top and that's it.
Idk what you could have done to cause that. You can't even get into recovery by holding power & volume up?

I used the Kingsoft Root tool and managed, after quite a few attempts to root my phone and kind of gain R/W access to the operating system. I have TWRP installed, would I perform the above steps there?

mine goes freeze on logo does anyone have a firmware? mine is criket but no matter the company so i will try again to unlock it and the rom on top my device said that is corrupt

--install/sdcard...
finding update package...
opening update package...
verifying update package...
E:2 footer (2)=0x38 footer (3)=0x26
E:signature verification failed
package corrupt
installation aborted

zte z987

Master chief I followed your instructions accordingly and they did me no good after I flash the zip file I reboot the phone then it didn't say no os instead it did the usual way and is in a boot loop at the screen that says cricket

1451008243078-628599247.jpg

Masterchief,
I picked up a softbricked z987. I don't know the history on it or how it got this way but I was hoping to run this recovery on it. The problem is I can't get into the stock recovery mode using pwr + up. I can still get into DFU or FTM mode though. My PC also sees it as a device but not storage. Do you have any tips or tricks to get the stock recovery mode back using what I have available?

Hello I'm new here i hope you can help me with my z987 , when the phone starts I get a window saying " optimazing apps" tnen "startting apps" then restarts and start doing the same thing all over again and I can't get on recovery but FTM or download mode. thanks in advanced

I have a few questions.

Which version of Android is this?
Can I flash this via ADB?

I couldn't find this information within the posts so I wanted to ask.

Also, I have downloaded this zip several times now and am unable to get a passing md5. Downloading from PC doesn't seem to help either.

Do you know what might be causing a failed MD5 Check?

It is android 4.4 KitKat. How are you trying to flash it? If you're trying to flash it with the stock recovery that is the problem

Is there anywhere I can download the new update for lollipop? Want a OTA backup in case I have to recover with j-tag.

Is there anywhere I can download the new update for lollipop? Want a OTA backup in case I have to recover with j-tag.

Look around. I have a twrp flashable rooted version of the lollipop update in another thread and there is also another thread with the non rooted version which you have to flash through the stock recovery.

WARNING:

-DISCLAIMER-

-INSTRUCTIONS-

[3] Do a factory reset.

DOWNLOAD:
md5:

my phone just stays at this i need help WIN_20160817_19_50_15_Pro.jpg WIN_20160817_19_49_51_Pro.jpg

WARNING:

-DISCLAIMER-

-INSTRUCTIONS-

[3] Do a factory reset.

DOWNLOAD:
md5:

Where is step 4?

Has anyone taken the new cricket 2017 update from december i updated all the way and twrp dosent install at all it says success but when i reboot i just get black screen with red light and i cannont flash stock rom or twrp any fix or ideas i have the zte firmware flasher but do not have all the files i need to flash the grand x max plus too stock with it please help

Hi my i rooted my phone days ago, and i reboot it, then my phone stays freeze in the logo, (ZTE GRAND MAX+), i want to flash it and repair it,

Back
Top Bottom