• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ZTE Warp Sync soft locked

wailord284

Hi all recently I rooted my ZTE Warp Sync (Android 4.4.2) with Kingroot and accidentally changed a value in the build.prop file I didn't intend to. I am now stuck on the boot screen and can't seem to figure out what to do. In FTM mode i was able to use adb shell but it always returns "error: cannot find device" while android recovery says "error: closed." I did not make a backup but I do have the default build.prop still. Thank you for your help any response is very much appreciated. :)

Hi all recently I rooted my ZTE Warp Sync (Android 4.4.2) with Kingroot and accidentally changed a value in the build.prop file I didn't intend to. I am now stuck on the boot screen and can't seem to figure out what to do. In FTM mode i was able to use adb shell but it always returns "error: cannot find device" while android recovery says "error: closed." I did not make a backup but I do have the default build.prop still. Thank you for your help any response is very much appreciated. :)
Yeah, they locked down ADB & Fastboot on this device. Did you by chance have a cwm or TWRP recovery installed first??

Darn alright. Is there any possibility to sign a update.zip and reset the build.prop file that way?
Not unless you can open/use a root browser &/or have a custom recovery..
Installing TWRP/CWM should have been the next step after Rooting, then a backup/nandroid for cases like this

Back
Top Bottom