• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][R910] Basix 1.0 (Aito's Revenge) :: Speed, Battery, Smoothness, Customizability :: 7/24/11

I'm still crashing very regularly and rebooting like crazy. Am I the only one? Any advice? Is there another build imminent??

Yes, you're the only one. As noted several times above, you need to wipe your data and reflash. If you continue to have issues, Odin to stock, wipe again, and start the process over. Format your SD card and redownload the ROM from another mirror before doing so. Your issue is clearly bad data somewhere in the process - so when you do this reset, give it some time before you restore any data. You'll see much more stability. Once you're settled, restore data only for non-system apps. No system settings.

Upvote 0
Yes, you're the only one. As noted several times above, you need to wipe your data and reflash. If you continue to have issues, Odin to stock, wipe again, and start the process over. Format your SD card and redownload the ROM from another mirror before doing so. Your issue is clearly bad data somewhere in the process - so when you do this reset, give it some time before you restore any data. You'll see much more stability. Once you're settled, restore data only for non-system apps. No system settings.

Sigh. Weekend project.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction... Why format the SD card though?? That part I really don't get at all...

PS I'm a software developer. If there are appropriate shortcuts, I'd appreciate knowing about them. What you're suggesting is *SO* drastic!

Upvote 0
Sigh. Weekend project.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction... Why format the SD card though?? That part I really don't get at all...

PS I'm a software developer. If there are appropriate shortcuts, I'd appreciate knowing about them. What you're suggesting is *SO* drastic!

I was having the same issue alot... so I figured it was time to use Odin, then re-dwnloaded aio then flashed basix again and I haven't used the 4 tab lockscreen since and not one random reboot ; )

Upvote 0
Sigh. Weekend project.

The shortcut is to wipe data and reflash, and if you're good there, stop. The whole process doesn't take more than a half-hour, though.

Formatting the SD card is a precaution, but a useful one. SD card corruption can cause slight oddities in the ROM's package, which can cause oddities in the flash, which can cause that sort of instability. If it sounds far-fetched, well - trust me.

Upvote 0
The shortcut is to wipe data and reflash, and if you're good there, stop. The whole process doesn't take more than a half-hour, though.

Formatting the SD card is a precaution, but a useful one. SD card corruption can cause slight oddities in the ROM's package, which can cause oddities in the flash, which can cause that sort of instability. If it sounds far-fetched, well - trust me.

Sounds like it's worth trying the shortcut first. How specifically can I wipe data before reflashing? Obviously re-downloading the files is a triviial worthwhile precaution and I'm an idiot if I don't take it.

Thanks again for all your hard work and support, too.

Upvote 0
Odin???? AIO???

I was just letting you know that what k0nane suggested wrkd for me and I didn't have to move to the step that involves the sd card. I just flashed back to stock (using Odin) and restarted the process (All In One=Root/CWM) as he suggests to you in the above post and now my phone with his Rom is running great. Hope everything wrks out for you without alot of wrk, good luck.

Upvote 0
ur phone was having bad nightmares :( jk im starting to think certain appz that we may have install maybe conflicting with this new rom but just a theory beacause some people experience phone turning off and i have yet to experience that then other people get their status bar frozen and other people like me barely have any trouble at all with this new rom.

Upvote 0
phone shutoff throughout the nite. made me wake up late :( when i woke up the phone wass off wouldnt turn on and i had to do a battery pull to get it on. once on, the battery read @ 34%. i'll try to figure out what caused it and post back. anyone else run into this?

It sounds like something from the stock rom was running and the 34 % battery issue is because you didn't wipe the stats. Fyi every time you turn off/reboot the phone into recovery or not. Your going to lose a chunck of battery power. It could be that on my phone when it powers on its powering two roms so it takes more battery to boot it up. But I do not believe this is the issue. As the phone runs with optimal ram and battery life once on. Talkin atleast 7 hrs with heavy use. To fix your battery issue your going to want to. Go into recovery and whipe the battery stats (while your thre you might as well clean both davik and normal cache. Turn it back on and let it drain and shutt off by its self then plug in till 100% (keep th phone off while charging mind you) once to 100 power the phone into recovery once more and whipe the battery stats again. Now when you power the phone on your going to have less than the 100% charge you just gave it. So plug it back in and all should be normal. Now Iif it keeps shutting off randomly even after you cleared all caches the only other simple thing to try would be factory reset in cwm. If that doesn't do it then besides flashing the only thing I can think of would be re-run the cwm root program on your computer. Then install the rom again and clear all caches\wipe battery stats again

Upvote 0
ur phone was having bad nightmares :( jk im starting to think certain appz that we may have install maybe conflicting with this new rom but just a theory beacause some people experience phone turning off and i have yet to experience that then other people get their status bar frozen and other people like me barely have any trouble at all with this new rom.

This isent the case. Everything is due to not factory resetting and deleting all caches before you load the rom on IMO. The status bar use to freeze on me and would only pull half way down. This was before I had the rom. And I've deleted a few apps you previously could not I.e gmail and other things I can't remember atm. So your theory could be sound I suppose but it could very well be unlikley

Edit. Im not sure if theres a setting in my launcher i missed but i cannot for the life of me stop the phone from dimming 5-8 seconds before the screen shuts off. Bug?

Upvote 0
we were suppose to reset back to factory and wipe cache from our phones before installing this rom? sorry bud but i never did that and my phone works pretty good.

No need to factory reset with cwm. I believe it already does this itself when it detects a rom is being installed.

Or is it the rom's dev asking for it in the zip? I don't remember, but either case, it's not needed.

Upvote 0
How do I get my contacts back? I've tried to restore them with MyBackup Root and sync my Google account, but no luck so far.
If you didn't back them up, and have been saving to your Google account, you're screwed - unless you took a backup in CWM as instructed! If you did, restore said backup, and sync to Google.

No need to factory reset with cwm. I believe it already does this itself when it detects a rom is being installed.

Or is it the rom's dev asking for it in the zip? I don't remember, but either case, it's not needed.
Neither. The script, in the case of this ROM, wipes cache/data, but that is not always the case.

Reactions: tiede
Upvote 0
we were suppose to reset back to factory and wipe cache from our phones before installing this rom? sorry bud but i never did that and my phone works pretty good.

As i said do it if yours isnt working. I.e if you have it installed already and there's problems

the seconed original post was part of my first addressing his issue of it shutting off and battery sayng 34% Sorry for the confusion bud.

Upvote 0
Also, if your homescreen app shorcuts are on the SD card, it will affect your boot times and the display of those icons on the desktop at first boot and after subsequent SD card mount/unmount operations.

@K0nane, see the second part of my post. I wasn't entirely sure about it being because of CWM, but i was sure it did work in this case because you, the dev, designed it that way! ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones